Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex shows me what I bought??

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex shows me what I bought??

For Staples, this is a corportate wide policy. I believe Office Depot and Office Max also participate in Level 3 data reporting.

Chase for example, do look over these additional data and cracks down on those who MS on Ink card.

Message 11 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

In my area, the Staples I've frequented all report Level 3, along with a few other Merchants now.  

Most restaurants still won't show the tip amount, but some do.  Interestingly enough, Morton's used to show the tip amount, but no longer do so.  I would think it would be a disadvantage to the wait staff to show the tip amounts.

Message 12 of 29
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I am not sure I would be happy with being able to see what I purchase in detail. What if I shopped at Adam and Eve??? Do I really want the Discover Rep to know what all I was purchasing there?? Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 29
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I am not sure I would be happy with being able to see what I purchase in detail. What if I shopped at Adam and Eve??? Do I really want the Discover Rep to know what all I was purchasing there?? Smiley Surprised

I don't think they would look at you individul puchases unless there was a problem that you brought to their attention.  If you did the rep would just say "How yooouuu dooinnn".

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@purebulldogs500 wrote:
Make sure you never buy a book such as "how to file for bankruptcy" on the card.

This would be funny if it weren't probably true. At the very least, I bet they'd FR you.

Message 15 of 29
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

+1 only level 3 merchants do so. Benefit to merchant it clears at a lower rate but usually only required for fed contracts or for companies using advance purchasing systems and or pcards
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@phillyguy12 wrote:
+1 only level 3 merchants do so. Benefit to merchant it clears at a lower rate but usually only required for fed contracts or for companies using advance purchasing systems and or pcards

As mass storage becomes cheaper and cheaper, and data mining technology continues to improve, I'm sure more and more stores will jump aboard for that benefit. For CC companies, that kind of granular data is literally very valuable from a marketing perspective (ie, to sell off to third parties).

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a while before I got on a good diet I was eating fast food especially when busy, was almost expecting a fr since it prob looked like I would drop from a heart attack any minute.
Message 18 of 29
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Wow, I had no idea that there were different levels of reporting that can show or not show individual items. Besides the purchase of gift cards, I think that it is just weird to show the CCC exactly what you bought.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 19 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

The past year, I've noticed more and more Merchants in my area adopting Level 3 reporting.  For instance, my last purchases with Macy's, Nordstroms and Nieman Marcus all listed in detail each item I had purchased.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.