Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex special offers for me

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex special offers for me

@johnstics wrote:

Thanks because I dont fly much. Yet anyways ha ha. Research time, before I go through the instant app sweat strokes:smileylol:

Good answer well thought out ....Bravo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 26
ProV
Regular Contributor

@johnstics wrote:

Good Counter? Well blue is spend $500 in three months. sky is 250 in three months for 15000 points. A travel card may be a good addition to my portfolio.  I have one cash back and one rewars cards already. 65/35 got me thinking!  is this a guranteed soft pull if denied hp if approved.   do they pull experian? I read around and wanted to confirm I have 9 accounts in good standing on experian.

I'm pretty sure that's only if you're already a card holder with AMEX.  

Message 22 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ProV wrote:

@johnstics wrote:

Good Counter? Well blue is spend $500 in three months. sky is 250 in three months for 15000 points. A travel card may be a good addition to my portfolio.  I have one cash back and one rewars cards already. 65/35 got me thinking!  is this a guranteed soft pull if denied hp if approved.   do they pull experian? I read around and wanted to confirm I have 9 accounts in good standing on experian.

I'm pretty sure that's only if you're already a card holder with AMEX.  

Correct 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 26
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Yea I forgot MJ stood by the error about that golden rule common post.  thanks for mentioning Pro V.  That card will look nice in my sig though.   I have two slots available b4 gardening lol. Decisions decisions decisions.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 24 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I can help you decide with totally opinionated (but also completely correct) view.   If you get the Blue card now, it SCREAMS, to those in the know "I am a TOTAL loser" (which may or may not matter, of course).

This is because the Amex Everyday (a new card) is better in every way than the Blue, and will probably replace it at some point.  It has a better reward structure, the points can be transferred to airlines/hotels, and has the same 0 AF.

And the Blue Sky isn't that great either!   My advice is, if you want an Amex, apply for the Everyday.  There is no need to restrict yourself to those that show up as preapproved, they may well not be the best match for you and it doesn't mean you can only get those cards.

Message 25 of 26
Mrjstics
Valued Member

........but doesnt each card have a qulifaction criteria i.e. easier to harder to get approved for.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.