Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - starting new with them and questions on making payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex - starting new with them and questions on making payments

Appd and received my PRG this week.  Over the past 15 months of my rebuild I was logging in and paying the balance of my CC's in full twice a month.  Since this is my first "charge" card should I proceed with them in this same manner or wait until the statement cuts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex - starting new with them and questions on making payments

I was told Amex likes to see the payment made after the statement cuts on their charge cards so thats what I do.  Not exactly sure if its true or not but its been working for me.  It also helps me stay on track with my spending and budgeting.

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

I was told Amex likes to see the payment made after the statement cuts on their charge cards so thats what I do.  Not exactly sure if its true or not but its been working for me.  It also helps me stay on track with my spending and budgeting.

Hmm... This would suck if true since I wouldn't be willing to let my $2K per month balances get pushed to the CRAs on a NPSL account just to make Amex happy. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LipzyDaizy wrote:

Hmm... This would suck if true since I wouldn't be willing to let my $2K per month balances get pushed to the CRAs on a NPSL account just to make Amex happy. Smiley Sad

Like I said I'm not sure if its true.  Could be a whole bunch of bull poop but its been working for me.  Smiley Tongue  All my other cards get paid twice a month.

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 4 of 7
Chris679
Established Contributor

It's a bunch of bull poop. Just pay on time whenever you want to, before or after statement.
Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since this is my first "charge" card should I proceed with them in this same manner or wait until the statement cuts?

Doesn't really matter either way.  Do whatever works for you.  They just want to be paid on time.

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Chris679 wrote:
It's a bunch of bull poop. Just pay on time whenever you want to, before or after statement.

Yes.    The whole before or after statement cuts impacts what OTHER issuers can see.  Amex knows your charge behavior with them automatically, doesn't need to go to the credit report for that.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.