Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex starwood preferred guest to Amex blue cash

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Amex starwood preferred guest to Amex blue cash

@aftermath --

Most customers can transfer balanced between cards now.

@wantedmrtg --

I did a PC last week. No hard nor new account.

If the you reall asked to PC (and want this fixed), call up Amex, explain the situtation and ask for a supervisor. They do have a process to review and fix their errors -- apparently, my request to recode a hard as a soft was reviewed by somewhere between 3-10 supervisors to decide (they decided no, but intimated that it was a difficult decision and the majority of them though the CSR explained the situation clearly after reviewing the call -- oh well).

Message 11 of 13
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Credito-Discredito wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone done PC with AMEX successfully?  If so, could you help me understand my mistake?

I read here many people are talking about PC casually, and making an impression it is easy/normal. 

But I am surprised AMEX cr couldn’t/didn’t understand my request.

I am not familiar with PC; I have never done it before.

Amex CSR did not understand your request right or just played dumb and applied you for a new account instead of making a product change. You should start conversation slowly and with words "I DO NOT WANT TO APPLY FOR A NEW ACCOUNT. I WILL REPEAT IT AGAIN. I DO NOT WANT TO APPLY FOR A NEW ACCOUNT. I JUST WANT YOU TO REPLACE MY EXISTING CARD WITH BLUE CASH CARD. COULD YOU PLEASE REPEAT WHAT I JUST SAID? THANK YOU."

And if that CSR could not repeat what you said, you should tell him/her:"Could you please put me on the phone with someone who has a brain".

Sorry to bump the thread, but this is too funny....

Message 12 of 13
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

I don't bother making the CSR feel like an idiot, I just hang up and dial the # again.
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.