cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex status system down

Established Contributor

Amex status system down

I applied for a revolver from Amex last week and was declined. The app status page said "Sorry, your application cannot be accessed" all weekend and up to this morning.

 

I called in to the new accounts line (0237 from the web page) and got an automated message something like "the computer system needed is not currently available to the automated system or our customer service reps, please call back later." 

 

Anyone run into this before? Did they have to send someone to the vault to look up my account on papyrus scrolls or something? Smiley Happy Would calling the 1083 reviews number be likely to result in a different response? 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex status system down


NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

I applied for a revolver from Amex last week and was declined. The app status page said "Sorry, your application cannot be accessed" all weekend and up to this morning.

 

I called in to the new accounts line (0237 from the web page) and got an automated message something like "the computer system needed is not currently available to the automated system or our customer service reps, please call back later." 

 

Anyone run into this before? Did they have to send someone to the vault to look up my account on papyrus scrolls or something? Smiley Happy Would calling the 1083 reviews number be likely to result in a different response? 


Yes, I came across that msg MANY times in the past trying to get my foot in the door w/ AMEX.  Best thing is to call the backdoor and talk to an analyst. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Amex status system down


yudeology101 wrote:

NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

 

 

Anyone run into this before? Did they have to send someone to the vault to look up my account on papyrus scrolls or something? Smiley Happy Would calling the 1083 reviews number be likely to result in a different response? 


Yes, I came across that msg MANY times in the past trying to get my foot in the door w/ AMEX.  Best thing is to call the backdoor and talk to an analyst. 


Is there anything between App Status and EO (doesn't look like it from the sticky, unless it's Reserves)? I got the same messages and result from App Status as I did from New Accounts (seem to go the same place). 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 3 of 7
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex status system down


NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

 

 

Anyone run into this before? Did they have to send someone to the vault to look up my account on papyrus scrolls or something? Smiley Happy Would calling the 1083 reviews number be likely to result in a different response? 


Yes, I came across that msg MANY times in the past trying to get my foot in the door w/ AMEX.  Best thing is to call the backdoor and talk to an analyst. 


Is there anything between App Status and EO (doesn't look like it from the sticky, unless it's Reserves)? I got the same messages and result from App Status as I did from New Accounts (seem to go the same place). 


Call 800-297-6197 and tell them you got the automated msg and they can pull up your app.  Best of luck!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 7
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex status system down


NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

 

 

Anyone run into this before? Did they have to send someone to the vault to look up my account on papyrus scrolls or something? Smiley Happy Would calling the 1083 reviews number be likely to result in a different response? 


Yes, I came across that msg MANY times in the past trying to get my foot in the door w/ AMEX.  Best thing is to call the backdoor and talk to an analyst. 


Is there anything between App Status and EO (doesn't look like it from the sticky, unless it's Reserves)? I got the same messages and result from App Status as I did from New Accounts (seem to go the same place). 


Are you trying to find out why you were declined? if you do not want to wait for the letter, call Cust Service and they can pull up your app. 

Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Amex status system down


09Lexie wrote:

Are you trying to find out why you were declined? if you do not want to wait for the letter, call Cust Service and they can pull up your app. 


I did, three times, and got the automated message that the system needed was not accessible at the moment to CS reps or automated systems, and to call back later. 

 

I just called EO, they couldn't help with app status but connected me to a CS person on a different number directly who told me it was declined and said to wait for the letter and then call back if I had questions or wanted a recon. 

 

So I guess I'll wait for the letter. 

 

Thanks all. Smiley Happy

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 6 of 7
Established Contributor

Re: Amex status system down

I got my letter today. It references a February FICO score (about 50 points worse than today) and some somewhat reasonable "key factors" (the factors on the FICO score are outdated and inaccurate but I can't do much about that). 

 

From what I've read here, recons from Amex are few and far between. So I guess I'll wait a month or three and apply again later. And get my Experian CR to be sure. Should be over 700 again by the end of the month even if I don't get any of my CLDs reversed. And if any of the GW letters reach generous-minded reps, it could be even better. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 7 of 7