Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex stolen after only 28 days!!!

tag
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex stolen after only 28 days!!!

@Jon85 wrote:
They already canceled the card yesterday and are overnighting me one today.

I used it at:

Louis Vuitton
Gucci
Geico
Starbucks (many, many times)
iTunes
AT&T

And that's about it.

Did you hand the card to anyone at any of these places? If so, most likely the culprit.

Message 11 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

My bet is on itunes...

Same thing happened to me late last summer, I had to download Apple driver software for a webcam, and Apple required me to update my profile before using the app store. I tried to do it without giving a valid credit card, but eventually gave them my CSP. presto, my card was closed the next day because of test purchases from a known fraudulent site.

I do tech support for a university, and it was my university secondary computer that doesn't get used much at all, and wasnt very old, so i'm sure it was my updating the Apple profile with my credit card info that did it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Billybob_TX wrote:

@Jon85 wrote:

I used it at:

Louis Vuitton
Gucci
Geico
iTunes
AT&T

And that's about it.

Did you hand the card to anyone at any of these places? If so, most likely the culprit.

It was him!

7wrz9tWh.jpg

Message 13 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@BottomRanker wrote:
That's not so bad - my Chase CC number was stolen after 0 days (yes that's right, less than 24 hours after the creation of the account number)

Hmmmm, I smell an internal rat on this one, they do exist....

Message 14 of 20
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@jm1991 wrote:

maybe it was the wife doing christmas shopping lol 

LOL! I'm gay and single, so not a possibility there! haha... 

Thank you everyone for your responses though...you were all right, less than 48 hours, and Amex already credited back the charges.

They said the card was swiped, and suggested that someone could have taken my number and made a counterfeit card. I filed a police report too, just in case. 

Message 15 of 20
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Billybob_TX wrote:

@Jon85 wrote:

I used it at:

Louis Vuitton
Gucci
Geico
iTunes
AT&T

And that's about it.

It was him!

7wrz9tWh.jpg

LMAO!! I THOUGHT SO!!!

Message 16 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

My bet is on itunes...

Same thing happened to me late last summer, I had to download Apple driver software for a webcam, and Apple required me to update my profile before using the app store. I tried to do it without giving a valid credit card, but eventually gave them my CSP. presto, my card was closed the next day because of test purchases from a known fraudulent site.

I do tech support for a university, and it was my university secondary computer that doesn't get used much at all, and wasnt very old, so i'm sure it was my updating the Apple profile with my credit card info that did it.

This would also be my guess. A few months ago my Discover card got replaced by Discover with the info that they were informed about a merchant that had a breach. My card I only used at Walmart and iTunes. Just about 3 weeks ago a 1$  test charge was placed from iTunes and it instantly blocked my card. I had to call in to verify it was actually me that tried to download an app.

Message 17 of 20
jm1991
Regular Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

@jm1991 wrote:

maybe it was the wife doing christmas shopping lol 

LOL! I'm gay and single, so not a possibility there! haha... 

Thank you everyone for your responses though...you were all right, less than 48 hours, and Amex already credited back the charges.

They said the card was swiped, and suggested that someone could have taken my number and made a counterfeit card. I filed a police report too, just in case. 

oh are you?Smiley Wink should have known by the places you shopped at lol 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 18 of 20
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

North Korea

Message 19 of 20
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@EvilR-T wrote:

North Korea

The plot thickens more.  Dang, it's just a movie.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.