Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex stopped reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex stopped reporting

Hi My fico,

My Amex charge card has stopped reporting since February. After a couple of phone calls all they tell me is that they have sent the information to all credit bureaus.

For TU it stopped reporting after January. I am getting annoyed with the amount of work I have to put into Amex just so I can get my points and have the card reported, both of which should be automatic IMO.

Should I stop using this card and close it 2 months before AF cuts?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex stopped reporting

That's strange that it stopped reporting. Have you been using it every month? As far as closing it, that's up to you. If a card is not working for you then there is no reason to keep it around.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have been using it heavily every month and paying in full before the statement cuts.  Maybe I should let a balance report?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I have been using it heavily every month and paying in full before the statement cuts.  Maybe I should let a balance report?

Letting a balance post to your statement may help. I have no personal experience with their charge cards though, so I can't say for sure. But you would think that if there is a balance on your statement then they would have to report that. Try it and see if that works.

Message 4 of 7
krielly
Established Contributor

Perhaps they are reporting your information incorrectly (slight variance in your address/name spelling/social security typo)?

I would check with the CB to see if somehow you have a split file (info reporting separately for AMEX). I've heard of this happening before.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 5 of 7
steel_string
Regular Contributor

They had a lot of issues last year with things not reporting for two or three months at a time for numerous posters here. Maybe it's not completely fixed. If it's like last time, it should resolve itself in a month or two and the CSRs will be completely clueless.
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started letting balances report and it looked like they would update monthly.  I guess if you pif, they just wait about 3 months to report.  And if you did have a balance and pif, it would not report for a bit and makes your file look bad.  I also noticed that Comenity stores will not report unless you use their card on a monthly basis.  So when you get cli's, they don't change your limit until you purchase somehting.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.