Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex strategy help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex strategy help

Back in March I got an Amex platinum card and an Amex SPG card. I used the tips online, and requested a CLI last month and went from a 10k$ loc to a 20k$ loc. I'm switching to Delta and took advantage of the offer they are running that ends tomorrow and just got approved for a $2k loc. 

Now I'm considering whether I should wait a couple of months and request a cli on the new Amex or if I should call Amex and transfer some of the SPG loc to the delta one. What are your recommendations?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex strategy help

In order to transfer CL from one card to another, one of the cards has to have gone through at least 13 billing cycles. I found this out last week from AMEX when I tried to transfer some of my CL from my AMEX Hilton to my Hilton Surpass. I was approved for the AMEX Hilton in March 2016 and the Surpass approx 2 weeks ago.

You are better off waiting the 61 days and request a CLI. 

Message 2 of 4
Involver
Valued Contributor

You won't be able to transfer the limit until your donor card is 13 months old, and you have to wait 180 days between CLI requests across any/all accounts.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I asked this question here, figured you all would know! Smiley Happy

I did see they would allow a $4k transaction through, and that's without any history, so I should be fine with my monthly spend. I do plan on spending higher amounts next year, but by then I can request a CLI.

Thanks so much for the responses and the info!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.