Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex targeted signup bonuses

tag
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

Amex targeted signup bonuses

is anyone here familiar with how Amex signup bonuses work post-May 2014 (i know they're lifetime now)? i received a targeted PRG offer for 50k after 1k and a targeted offer for the everyday for 25k after 2k. a couple questions that im hoping someone could answer (though it's fine if you can't since it'd be difficult to have a non-speculative answer):

will applying for either of these reduce the chances of getting targeted for the plat 100k offer?

will applying for the PRG (charge card) affect my eligibility for any platinum (also a charge card) signup bonus? or should it be fine since they're different products?

Looking forward to hearing any insight -- really want to jump the gun and app for these already :]

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Amex targeted signup bonuses

the sign up bonuses are only available to people who have not had a charge card in the past so if you apply for a prg, you will no longer be eligible for the platinum offer in the future

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

is anyone here familiar with how Amex signup bonuses work post-May 2014 (i know they're lifetime now)? i received a targeted PRG offer for 50k after 1k and a targeted offer for the everyday for 25k after 2k. a couple questions that im hoping someone could answer (though it's fine if you can't since it'd be difficult to have a non-speculative answer):

will applying for either of these reduce the chances of getting targeted for the plat 100k offer?

will applying for the PRG (charge card) affect my eligibility for any platinum (also a charge card) signup bonus? or should it be fine since they're different products?

Looking forward to hearing any insight -- really want to jump the gun and app for these already :]

Congratulations on getting those pre approvals, I am still waiting on getting a nice prg offer like that,

On subject of platinum I am not 100% sure how amex is handling the one sign up bonus for lifetime deal

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 7
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

thanks for the insight! definitely going to apply for the Everyday, but if the prg offer prevents me from being able to cash in on a platinum 100k, i might be more hesitant to capitalize on it! Smiley Very Happy

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 4 of 7
MT936
Established Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

thanks for the insight! definitely going to apply for the Everyday, but if the prg offer prevents me from being able to cash in on a platinum 100k, i might be more hesitant to capitalize on it! Smiley Very Happy

good choice, good luck Smiley Happy

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 7
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

+1

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 6 of 7
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

good choice, good luck Smiley Happy

i did a bit of lurking on flyertalk and it seems like the lifetime bonus change might now be unique to each product itself, not family of products. Meaning, if I have/had a PRG I may still be eligible for a platinum bonus. i may consider taking the leap today so i'll take a look at the terms and post back exactly what it says. *fingers crossed*

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.