Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex thoughts?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Amex thoughts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Its a no brainer. Unless you are going for a mortgage or whatever, and dont have 20 inquiries.... go for it. Unless you have no starwood hotels near any vacation destinations or by family friends, etc. Then again, they do transfer nicely as well. Cant beat the 4 free $50 airline gift cards either.

I was torn between the spg when it was at 25k as well. Instead I opted for delta gold. I see you already have that. I guess in 51 weeks go for a prg retention offer, if not, you can cancel it or pay 65 a yr for the green card, if MR points are worth 2cents each on avg, the green card becomes a 2% card fairly easily.  Alas, you already have an everyday with a place to park your MR points.

Its not a risk because its a soft pull.

Are you sure you dont want to go for something like the Citi Premier or prestige? Do you already have a stash of MR points and having another 51k would complement that and get you closer to a reward?

I love my prg. I am gonna be super sad if I do get rid of it. I use it ALL THE TIME. It is my most used card. PRG for gas and restaurants, ED for groceries and a few cheap swipes to get the extra 0.4.

I am very tempted to premptively transfer my mr points to BA. I dunno. I am not that diversified yet...sitting on 80kIHG, 70k MR, 40k delta. could essentially be 110k delta, which is enough for 2 round trip tickets to europe ands till have miles leftover.

My scores really arent good enough yet to keep churning. While I dont mind a low limit, I dont want to be in a rut. What are your scores creditcuriousity? Do you have a loved one where you could get the PRG in their name and add yourself as an AU?

@Not sure how we estimate Mr points for the green @ 2% Im guessing pretty useless. hence axing the Green in 2 months. Also found out today. Can't Transfer Delta skymiles to anyone else. they want 1 cent per mile plus a $30 fee.

So looks like after my Vacay. Im axing Amex completely. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: Amex thoughts?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya I suck at gardening...  So with the SPG promo going on I am thinking about killing two birds with one stone..

PRG - 50k offer then right after since it is same HP the SPG 30k bonus..  Total spend of 4k for 50k MR points well 51k after spend and 30k SPG points.

Thoughts?

Waiting for MyFico to update on Amex site to make sure they use a fresh SP of me since my EX has gone up over 40 points from my last FICO they are showing on their site due to removal of two CA's and a clean report.  

This is a hard deal to pass up..  Only 4k spend for all the greatness of this combo..  my AAoA won't like the hit much, but sitll over 5 years on all CB's..

I think PRG always has the 50k promo if you clear cache and/or use incognito window Smiley Very Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.