cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex threatening to cancel my card.....with a balance on it.

tag
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex threatening to cancel my card.....with a balance on it.

Give them the documents they request. Don't have them cancel your card. I think their concern is that some of the point chasers churn their accounts with faux charges to get points. Pay the balance or have it transferred to another card. In short, do NOT let AMEX cancel your account. The ramifications of such a closure are really bad. It's not as bad as cancer, but it is bad. Worse than the flu.

Message 21 of 23
redpat
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Booo Yaaaaa

Piercing the Corporate Veil

Definition
A situation in which courts put aside limited liability and hold a corporation's shareholders or directors personally liable for the corporation’s actions or debts. Veil piercing is most common in close corporations. While the law varies by state, generally courts have a strong presumption against piercing the corporate veil, and will only do so if there has been serious misconduct like abuse of the corporate form (e.g. intermingling of personal and corporate assets) or undercapatitalization at the time of incorporation

There is no piercing the corporate veil when I submit a receipt for a travel expense and get reimbursed by the corporation.  That is not misconduct.  20 yeers in business doesn't make you a know at all.  Hey I'll use my points as I wish and if they devalue it is what it is.  I've done my research and I'm not worried at all on acumulating points.

MJ you are not always right.

I give you won't get it and you aren't even right half the time ...I'm sorry but it's the truth 

As a owner/partner/shareholder I have to conduct business differently than an employee I have does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The employee can't be sued or held responsible for my companies debt and expenditures

Example the employee can be reimbursed for business expenses via receipts and can use whatever card he/she likes 

You on the other hand to protect the integrity of your company and the veil should have business cards for that purpose and reason  

Like it or not it is what it is 

As to knowing it all I agree with you I don't or do I profess to but this conversation we are currently having I'm well versed in ....again like it or not its my 20+ years of experience speaking 

And just prehaps when you get 20+ years you'll know more about protecting your asset's Lol

I'm done but pls don't come at me twisted again in any way because I don't treat people like that and frankly I'm tired of you picking me out with limited knowledge of the issues and trying me 

Sorry pls don't be offended or take it the wrong way 

Okay Hoss.  , so I don't think I have to worry about something that's inmatierial to the business as a whole.  My assets are protected and the corporation has plenty of liquidity, so no worries.  You know what liquidity is MJ, don't you.

Twisted, funny that's what I think you are........

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 22 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Let us all focus on the OP's question.

If it's been answered, just report this post and I'll close the thread for further comments.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.