Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex: time between CLI vs new card apps

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

Amex: time between CLI vs new card apps

Hi guys

I understand that the Amex CLI guide is 3x after 61d then 2x after 180d.

How about if I want to go for another card?

I got PRG+Delta gold in Dec and would like to app for Plat/MB plat in oct (early Nov trip for which I would like lounge access and chance to scoop the $200 airline spend before calendar year end).

June I'm up to 1y US credit history.

EX FAKO 730, TU FAKO 619. EX Fico 719
4 HP on each EX and TU. HPs are Sep and Dec 13.

Income low $100k's

Cards: PRG ($3k/m spend), Delta gold $2k limit, Cap one $500 (Sep13), BOfA secured $500 (Jun13).

Would like to add a chase card by the summer. Maybe app once I hit 1y US credit history. Ideally would like either ink bold (for 5x UR manuf spend) but in don't have a business, just employment income so if Ink cards are harder to get I would take CSP then.

a version of Amex plat is a must before Nov.

And add SPG either in 2014 or Jan '15 for backdating.

Amex won't pc my delta gold to delta plat cuz of CARD act so the delta card is sitting in a drawer until jan 2015. I already hit my $1k spend and a delta charge. So only going to use it for my nov trip for early boarding. PRG gives me better return on airline spend.

So curious what people's thoughts are in terms of timing my apps?

Feb '14 delta 3x CLI to $6000
June do an App-o-Rama for few non amex cards or stick to just ink and/or CSP. (Or is 1y not enough history)

Aug '14 -Ask for 2x CLI on delta gold. To $12,000

Oct '14 - app for Amex Plat (do I need to wait for this since I would have received CLI on delta 60d ago? Or is a new charge card app not affected my recent CLI on a revolver?)

Jan '15. App for. spg. Also Possibly cancel PRG since year 2 AF will hit. But I still value the 2 MR for grocery spend which is my highest monthly spend. Even without buying VR's.

and I don't think I have room to app for another Amex revolver during 2014 based on above schedule unless I do a PC from delta and forfeit a signup bonus. Maybe in August instead of asking for 2x CLI on delta I app for SPG instead and then call and cancel delta and have Amex add the limit to spg? Or is that too risky? Spg may not get approved or combined limits would be less than if I stuck w delta and went for second CLI to end with $12k limit? Or whether the Aug spg app would jeopardize my planned Oct Plat app.

Finally, do I need to show any spend history on my delta in order to get my CLIs at all? My plan is to just continue to use my PRG this year for $3-4k spend per month and leave the delta in my drawer.

Thanks in advance for any input, guys!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.