Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex total exposure question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex total exposure question

I have a question abou the AMEX total credit exposure of $34,500 before they ask for a 4506T. Do AU cards count towards this limit? Or does AMEX ignores AU accounts, and just focuses on the accounts you actually own? Thanks. 

Also, I have 2 acccounts of my own. One card has a 7.5k credit limit and the other card is at 6k. I would like the 6k card to get a super big credit limit. What is the best strategy after 6 months?

1) Do a 3x on the 6k card to 18k, and move the 7.5k over to the 6k card, for a total CL of 25.5k

2) Do a 3x on the 7.5k card to 22.5k, and move the 22.5k over to the 6k card, for a total CL of 28.5k

The second option seems to deliver the bigger CL. Problem is, I barely use the 7.5k card. The 6k card gets used to 11-15k every month. I wonder if AMEX will give me a 3x on a card that I barely use. It seems the first option will have the best rate of success. Based on your experience, what do you guys think is the best approach to meet my objective?

Thanks.

OP,

I started a new thread for you. Lexie 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex total exposure question

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question abou the AMEX total credit exposure of $34,500 before they ask for a 4506T. Do AU cards count towards this limit? Or does AMEX ignores AU accounts, and just focuses on the accounts you actually own? Thanks. 

Also, I have 2 acccounts of my own. One card has a 7.5k credit limit and the other card is at 6k. I would like the 6k card to get a super big credit limit. What is the best strategy after 6 months?

1) Do a 3x on the 6k card to 18k, and move the 7.5k over to the 6k card, for a total CL of 25.5k

2) Do a 3x on the 7.5k card to 22.5k, and move the 22.5k over to the 6k card, for a total CL of 28.5k

The second option seems to deliver the bigger CL. Problem is, I barely use the 7.5k card. The 6k card gets used to 11-15k every month. I wonder if AMEX will give me a 3x on a card that I barely use. It seems the first option will have the best rate of success. Based on your experience, what do you guys think is the best approach to meet my objective?

Thanks.

OP,

I started a new thread for you. Lexie 

Is it really true for Amex revolvers?  It isn't for charge cards. I've run 60k balances with a charge card without a F/R or even phone call. If you PIF revolvers why would Amex impose an F/R when they wouldn't do that with a charge card? Perhaps there are seperate analytics for charge and revolvers.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.