Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex uses

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex uses

OP, I got FR'd on my 9-10 month old Green after trying to charge $2700 in legal fees when forming a new biz. While that month had my largest balance, a call to an Amex CSR revealed that the legal transaction resulted in the FR. Moments prior to the charge, I checked the spending availablility on Amex's website and there was enough to support a $2700 charge.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say just spend it anywhere and everywhere. This paranoia of getting in trouble with American Express is crazy. I use my amex everywhere. If they did AA on me one day I'll just move elsewhere.

Message 12 of 13
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

I'm the 'use it as you need it' type individual .... but if you go nuts right after you get the card and use it at pawn shops, brothels (where it is legal), the horse track, and other such places you might raise their eyebrows.  I've had AMEX for 30 years now and have never had any issues or problems worldwide, but I don't use it for day to day stuff like McDonalds, that's what cash is for.  Use it with a bit of sense and you'll have no problems.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.