Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex version of "steps" CLI expectations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex version of "steps" CLI expectations

DH got a starter limit BCE approval in June. His 5th statement is about to cut, which should result in an auto CLI (he didn't get one prior). We followed all the terms presented. Just wanted to see if anyone can share what kind of limit increases they got with a $500 SL and how soon after the 5thstatement cut it happens. Thanks!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex version of "steps" CLI expectations

@Anonymous wrote:
DH got a starter limit BCE approval in June. His 5th statement is about to cut, which should result in an auto CLI (he didn't get one prior). We followed all the terms presented. Just wanted to see if anyone can share what kind of limit increases they got with a $500 SL and how soon after the 5thstatement cut it happens. Thanks!

Does Amex actually have a "Steps" like program that is documented, or is it just assumed that they might?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do have one. It’s kinda like Cap1 credit steps. Members get the terms during the approval process if they are eligible. 

I think I’ve seen $500 as the increase. 

Message 3 of 12
Davis9508
Contributor

My 5th statement printed today.  I am anxiously waiting.... lol. Hopefully we will know soon.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, please report back if you don't mind. DH is still 4 days away from statement cut.
Message 5 of 12
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I was on the $500 Amex steps program. I didn't receive the increase until after the 6th statement had cut and the increase was only $500.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 6 of 12
Davis9508
Contributor

😕 I expected the $500 but not the 6th statement.
Message 7 of 12
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I understand! I called Amex after I didn't receive the steps increase after the 5th statement and was told I'll receive it after the 6th statement, which turned out to be true. Also, after reading over the fine print of an email Amex sent after the approval, the 6th statement language was there. Best Wishes!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know as I'm in this program with Amex as well.  Does anyone know if you request the CLI after 61 days like a traditional Amex if it works too?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far the data points on the $500 Amex is that it doesn't get a CLI at 61 days but I've only read two data points so far. Could definitely use more info from others!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.