Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wanting address and income verification

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Amex wanting address and income verification

I recently applied for the BCE card. It changed to "cancelled" after 2 days. I called and the rep said that I will be receiving a letter explaning what they need. He said that the department that handles this only communicates through mail or fax. I got a letter today from Amex. They want a signed letter on bank letterhead from my bank to verify my address. They also want me to submit the 4506T form for income verification. I have had a Zync card before. I cancelled it when they wanted to FR me. 

My question now is, if I submit the documents, does this mean I have a remote chance of being approved?  The reason that I am wondering is that: would they really go through all this trouble if I was just going to be declined?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex wanting address and income verification

What are you stats like? aaoa, util, etc.

It is commonly reported here that if you close accounts due to FR non compliance, they will have you red flagged in perpetuity so that when you try to ooen accounts with them, they will always request income verfication until you comply. lol..

ya feel me?

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 27
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

It is commonly reported here that if you close accounts due to FR non compliance, they will have you red flagged in perpetuity so that when you try to ooen accounts with them, they will always request income verfication until you comply. lol..

ya feel me?

+1...young pretty much sums it up. Good chance of getting approved though if your income matches what you put down on the application.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 27
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

ya feel me?

AAoA is relatively low at 1 year.

Util is 0%

My scores are in the 720 range.

The only thing that could really hurt is that I have MANY inquires. 

I don't really mind going through the FR process now. I did apply several months after I closed the other card and it was just instantly shot down.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think if you are willing to comply, they might approve you for a few thousand.

I'm assuming your oldest account is around 3 years old and newest is 6 months to a year?

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think I had 8-10 inqs on TU when I got BCE and around 700 TU FICO.

Message 6 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ilovelisa wrote:

ya feel me?

AAoA is relatively low at 1 year.

Util is 0%

My scores are in the 720 range.

The only thing that could really hurt is that I have MANY inquires. 

I don't really mind going through the FR process now. I did apply several months after I closed the other card and it was just instantly shot down.

Welcome back! If you are willing to comply with the FR, then you might have a chance. Most of your inq's should be at least 1 year; correct?
Message 7 of 27
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I think if you are willing to comply, they might approve you for a few thousand.

I'm assuming your oldest account is around 3 years old and newest is 6 months to a year?

Oldest is 3 years and newest is about 4 months. Went on a small app spree and apped for AMEX first, but was recently approved for a local CU card, a BB&T card, and Sallie Mae. 

Message 8 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

DANG..

those new accounts might get you. If they were all AT least 6 months old. Whether or not you decide to comply, just remember they will be waiting/watching. Amex is mystical like that LOL

Message 9 of 27
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

DANG..

those new accounts might get you. If they were all AT least 6 months old. Whether or not you decide to comply, just remember they will be waiting/watching. Amex is mystical like that LOL

I think I will comply and just see what happens. The worst thing they can say is "denied", which is what they would say anyway if I don't comply.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.