Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wants a "Bonus ID Code" ?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex wants a "Bonus ID Code" ?

DW was considering upgrading to Plat this summer and when she talked to a rep about it a while ago he/she offered her (I believe) 75k bonus points to switch. We talked about it a couple of weeks and she called and upgraded. There was no mention of the offer. (We just assumed it was in our account). When I called MR today to confirm the bonus, they said it wasn't entered, but that I could still get the bonus if I gave her the "bonus ID code". What is this? We have no idea what this would be, and we're now worried we're just out of luck on the bonus points. She said it was a 4-digit code. I googled this and got tons of these codes to pop up, but IDK if this is what they want, or if the codes I found would even work? Anyone else had this problem, and had any luck getting the points ?
About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex wants a "Bonus ID Code" ?

It's like a using coupon code on a website. The system needs it to pull up the proper offer that you are asking for. Since the original CSR didn't give the code to you, you might be OOL. Try using one of the codes you found online and see if they'll take it.

Message 2 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Looking into similar offers myself, I found the promo IDs on flyer talk boards.
Message 3 of 5
n777ua
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

Duh...I'm a regular on Flyertalk in the United forum, I always forget there are forums there for hotels / cars / and credit cards. Smiley Happy Thanks, I'll look over there -- i was just under the impression these were somehow account specific...cheers 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 5
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

Duh...I'm a regular on Flyertalk in the United forum, I always forget there are forums there for hotels / cars / and credit cards. Smiley Happy Thanks, I'll look over there -- i was just under the impression these were somehow account specific...cheers 

LOL Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.