cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wants my taxes returns on my Fiancé's card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex wants my taxes returns on my Fiancé's card???

Okay so the full story goes like this in January of this year my soon to be wife applied for a Amex zync card. I had her add me as a authorized user cause I thought "hey I'll use this card for business expenses instead of my Chase card". In February we charged a few things and march a few more then I called and said just wanted to let you guys know that few you see a higher balance over the next few months I am moving my business expenses to the Amex card lady on phone said " thats great we love to hear that"

So in April we charged 1300 they shut the card off until payment was made. I understand that they are trying to protect themselves on a new account an wanted to make sure we can pay. May up to 1500 shut card off again till we pay so soon as we get notice in email we PIF June 1800 same thing PIF card back on Aug. 1850 same thing by this time I am thinking this is nuts never had this happen with any other card and I am paying to have this card so I really don't get it. So yesterday my soon to be wife gets a call that they want my taxes or there shutting off the card. Now I use to work for Amex in the retention dept when I was in college so I know what type of pinheads they hire I don't want them looking at my taxes. I own my own firearms store so I am really weary about how get my info if your not my financial advisor or the ATF no way no how. 

Anyone else have this problem what did you do? 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Amex wants my taxes returns on my Fiancé's card???

If you guys started to get the account shut off till payment, how on earth did you decide to keep using it..?
If you really don't want them to look at your info, I guess you can either try to get yourself off the au status or close it.
Not many choices right now.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you triggered the FR by breaking a few of AMEX unwritten rules,  first was AU user spent more than the primary card holder. Second was charging more and more each month without any slow down. 

Search for amex fr and you will find lots of people that this has happened to. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 31
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Wow pinheads. Seems to be a little different than the experience than others have here.

Unless I missed something, it isn't your account so they would not be requesting your taxes.

I'm pretty sure it is against the t&c's to put business charges on a personal card
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

They indeed did want my taxes even though I am a AU strange yes which is why I ask if anyone has seen this before. I say Pinheads because there rentention dept. was at a call center where a monkey could get a job and no I am not kidding all you need to have to HS Diploma. The ability to convince people not to cancel there beloved product. and bingo you have a job

Message 5 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I doubt they would require a masters degree just to work in a retention department. I went through this a few months ago and just submitted the stuff. I took about two weeks to get it lifted. There is no way around it though. If you do not they will close it. If you close it yourself and apply later, they will most likely ask again. Lenders typically do not like personal cards being used for business expenses.

Message 6 of 31
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Why would you, as an AU, run business charge on that Zync card? That would most certainly trigger a FR.

Either you submit 4506-T, or you close the account. If you close it now and apply AMEX in the future you need to submit 4506-T anyway (since your soon-to-be wife is flagged).

If you submit 4506-T, they may or may not impose a hard limit on that Zync card.

Message 7 of 31
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Lenders typically do not like personal cards being used for business expenses.

+1, especially if you are the AU on the card, and not the main account holder. If you called and told them YOU are running YOUR business expenses through the card, that (plus the spending) likely put you on their radar.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 8 of 31
jumpinjax
New Contributor

We'll, the thing about any credit or credit product in the financial services industry, is that it is a game between the creditor and creditee.  If Amex doesn't value the relationship, plenty of other banks will.  Pay it off and move on is my advice.  And you never know what the future holds, you may be able to get back into Amex without a AA.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I am going to do pay it off and move on. I have a 30 k card that has never once complicated about what I charge or how much. Amex lost my business for life all I did was spend and pay like a good consumer should. I don't want to have to worry about if I am going to get fraud because I charged a certain amount If i wanna charge 29,000 dollar on my other card in one month i can I know because i have done it and PIF and you know what no one complained about it.  

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.