Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wants to verify my income

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex wants to verify my income

Well, got a call today, went to VM so I called back, and the FR rep just said the fraud department wanted to go over some attemped charges (they had occured whilie it was suspended). After verifying those, I requested a couple new cards to replace my old ones, and I no longer have the "charging suspended" message in my Amex app. Apparently I survived! 

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 141 of 144
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Congrats.

Check, don't use Amex in my PayPal account.
Signature needs updating
Message 142 of 144
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a card 2 months ago and did the CLI on day 61.  Starting limit was 20k, but I went big and asked for 55k line.  I got the letter in mail to verify income.  Decided to send it so I faced it over and am currently waiting to hear back.  No idea if I will get it.

Message 143 of 144
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think an awful lot of people dont really understand how much information can be on someone like the OP's tax return. My return nowadays is a very simple 1040 with some numbers on it. When I was working FT at a very exclusive CC, I was an independent contractor. I had 1099s from a significant number of people whose names and pictures were on the front pages of the biz, sports and politics sections of the big newspapers. I was privy to things that could have landed me or others in jail for profiting from or using the information. Stuff I could have called anonymous tips into tv stations and created waves (if they were willing to go go to press with an anonymous tip lol). 

It would not be my privacy that I would care about protecting under those circumstances but the clients. And as the OP stated he has had leaked information in the past. Sometimes your entire livelihood is based on nothing more than having protected information. And the gateway to said info in certain circumstances can be on your tax return. If me as a low level working stiff has information like that, I can't imagine the feeling of violation that others may have when someone asks for their full tax return.

Message 144 of 144
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.