Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex warranty perk ?

tag
Closingracer
Established Member

Amex warranty perk ?

I just recently bought a TV at costco and it comes included with an extra yr warranty on all  TV's and laptops and i am wondering if the Extra yr warranty perk with the American express card would give me an extra yr to make it 3 years ? I have the Amex Blue cash Everyday card if that matters

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex warranty perk ?

@Closingracer wrote:

I just recently bought a TV at costco and it comes included with an extra yr warranty on all  TV's and laptops and i am wondering if the Extra yr warranty perk with the American express card would give me an extra yr to make it 3 years ? I have the Amex Blue cash Everyday card if that matters

yup you will get an extra year of warranty on any products that is not excluded in the T&C and has less than 5 years of warranty.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Closingracer wrote:

yup you will get an extra year of warranty on any products that is not excluded in the T&C and has less than 5 years of warranty.

The Amex extended warranty might not extend to 3 years if the TV has one year of Manufacturer warranty, Costco is extending this by another year, then you are counting on Amex for a third year.  I think Amex extends Manufacturer warranty only. You'd have to double check this, but I just scanned their whole benefits statement on return protection and extended warranty last night.

Message 3 of 5
dds2be
Valued Member

ill be happy to answer this since i work for costco, and get this question asked all the time! Costco gives a free second year warranty on tvs and computers, and since it is not from the manufacturer, amex does not give a third year, rather you will be covered by both costco concierge warranty and amex's warranty service for the 2nd year you own that tv/computer. A lot of associates arent aware of this, and may tell you that you do in fact get 3 years, but they honestly have no clue what they are talking about. I heard this from our Amex rep personally. electronics other than tvs/computers do not get a free second year warranty, so charging it on an amex would give you a second year of coverage. it would be awesome if amex did in fact offer a third year!

Age 28
BOFA Cash Rewards:25k
Citi Premier :16.7k
Citi Costco Visa:19.2k
Amex SPG: 30k
Macy's: 20k
care credit :15k Express: 3.2k Dillards : 5k
Amex Platinum :NPSL
CSP: 15k
Chase Marriot: 25K
Chase Freedom 15k
Capital One Venture 30k

Fico Scores as of 10/2018: EX: 772, EQ: 782 TU: 778
Message 4 of 5
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@dds2be wrote:

ill be happy to answer this since i work for costco, and get this question asked all the time! Costco gives a free second year warranty on tvs and computers, and since it is not from the manufacturer, amex does not give a third year, rather you will be covered by both costco concierge warranty and amex's warranty service for the 2nd year you own that tv/computer. A lot of associates arent aware of this, and may tell you that you do in fact get 3 years, but they honestly have no clue what they are talking about. I heard this from our Amex rep personally. electronics other than tvs/computers do not get a free second year warranty, so charging it on an amex would give you a second year of coverage. it would be awesome if amex did in fact offer a third year!

Thank you very much for this great info! Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.