Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex webiste question

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Amex webiste question

Hi everyone and Happy Holidays !

Im a current Amex cardholder with the Green and BCE cards.

When I log in and go to "Charge and Credit Card Offers" it will

show me the Plat card, PRG, and Delta Gold.  Does this EVER change?

All the cards show that Im "pre-approved" but for a change of pace, I would like the above offers to change. Let the SPG or HH or ED show up. 

Does anyone get different offers?

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex webiste question

@Meanmchine wrote:

Hi everyone and Happy Holidays !

Im a current Amex cardholder with the Green and BCE cards.

When I log in and go to "Charge and Credit Card Offers" it will

show me the Plat card, PRG, and Delta Gold.  Does this EVER change?

All the cards show that Im "pre-approved" but for a change of pace, I would like the above offers to change. Let the SPG or HH or ED show up. 

Does anyone get different offers?

Thanks

I've got the BCP and PRG, when I check for offers it shows me the Everyday Card, SPG card and BCP with an annotation "your card" above it in red.

I'm holding out for the new Hilton Honors products that are getting released mid-January of 2018.  They have a card in the lineup with a $95 annual fee that gives gold status and one with $495 annual fee that gives diamond status.

Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

They do change once in awhile. I used to see Plat, Prg ,and Delta. I currently see SPG, PRG and my card , though i never see preapproved, nobody ever preapproves me Smiley Sad but thats alright, dont want to apply anyway. Mine just say expand your membership with us blah blah blahSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 18
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit
Aww I approve you AJC! 😀
Both of us have to wait a few more billing cycles until we see our AMEX pre-approvals too.
Message 4 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Mine change all of the time.  Right now it's $200 BCP, $150 BCE, and 10k MQM + 40k miles Delta Reserve for me (looks like they're no longer offering to upgrade my 2 month-old SkyMiles Platinum to Reserve now LOL).

If you click View All Cards and actually click Apply Now on any card in the list, it will tell you at the top of the next screen if you are pre-approved.  However, for revolving cards you'll want to look at the APR to see if it's one number to determine whether it's an actual prequalification (the Mercedes-Benz card being a notable exception since it's the same APR for everyone).

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ah shucks, Ric, better than a SPG anydaySmiley Happy

Psss, just dont tell that to KSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 18
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

No regular pre-approvals here either. Amex I guess isn't the biggest fan of me - they never ever give me 61-day CLIs Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I am due for my 6 month CLI on New Years Eve. Gonna wait til Jan 2nd incase they want a call in.  On Jan 1st, Ill see if my preapprovals change.

Quick side question  ( it my thred and I can hijack it if i want to )  The $35k threshold on CLs before triggering a FR, is that on a single card or across all cards? If I pulled the trigger on the Delta card and got a $10k SL and then got a CLI on my BCE to $34K, would that trigger a FR request? I wont know til Feb what my annual income was for 2016.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You're extremely unlikely to be restricted and subjected to financial review, but it's always possible that AMEX might ask for income verification. If that's the case and you don't want to play, hit the back button and try a lower amount.

Message 9 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Indeed a Financial Review will certainly require income verification, but Amex asking for income verification is NOT a financial review. $35k is very arbritrary. People get asked for it earlier and some people are never asked for it. I’d say my odds are 50/50 when I ask for $63k on SPG next month. The people that do asked when it’s $30k-something is on one card though.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.