Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex website issues?

tag
Coldness
Contributor

Re: Amex website issues?

Yeah, I just paid my 6th statement off on my Zync and I've been pushing 1500 a month through it so I figured I'd have a shot. My new car loan from September is probably all that's catching their eye, but I'm not in much of a hurry since Discover's 5% categories work pretty well for me this year anyway. 

Message 11 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Coldness wrote:

Yeah, I just paid my 6th statement off on my Zync and I've been pushing 1500 a month through it so I figured I'd have a shot. My new car loan from September is probably all that's catching their eye, but I'm not in much of a hurry since Discover's 5% categories work pretty well for me this year anyway. 

Did you try a recon over the phone?  You might have better luck, esp if you haven't added any new accounts or inq's in 6 months or more.  If AMEX told you you're score was 760 and you were declined, that seems a bit odd. Even with the car loan.  Of course we're talking about AMEX here too so......... 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 15
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I tried applying last week and encountered the same issues otheres here have sreported, with the screen not progressing. I just tried applying entering my card info since I have the Zync, and after clicking submit I received a message "this card offer is no longer available". I'm confused. Am I not allowed to apply because I have the autopay Zync? I wasn't responding to an offer.
Message 13 of 15
Guava
Established Contributor

@jasimae wrote:
I tried applying last week and encountered the same issues otheres here have sreported, with the screen not progressing. I just tried applying entering my card info since I have the Zync, and after clicking submit I received a message "this card offer is no longer available". I'm confused. Am I not allowed to apply because I have the autopay Zync? I wasn't responding to an offer.

I had the same issue when I applied for BCE in January, other members suggested using a different browser, I switched to Firefox (from Chrome) and it worked for me

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
Coldness
Contributor

An update on this - I waited my 30 days and swung again. I got the whole 14 day deal, but checked the application status to see approval! I hate calling customer service numbers so I guess I'll be patient to learn my CL Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.