Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex will not backdate my Zync...

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex will not backdate my Zync...

Congrats!!!

I found with American Express that employees may not be clear on the backdating issue.

I know that they recently made changes for AU which is that the "membership since" date reflects the year you received the card instead of the "membership date" of the primary cardholder.

Someone mentioned that they may not count the year you became a AU only when you became a primary cardholder. But that is only speculation.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Congrats Repo-ed;

Even though the card may not say the date, what's important is that it reports 2006, which I'm sure is more important to you anyway Smiley Happy

I have to mention something though about back dating.  It's not so much that it shows an old account with perfect history (they don't fill in payments where there were none). It's more about having experience (good or bad) with credit back to the year AMEX issued your first card.

When someone says it's cheating, I have to say that's not totally correct, it's listing when you first became a member with AMEX.  Just like cards reporting for 10 years after they're closed (again, no payments after closing).  It's really about years of experience with credit and when you started.  Like when a business says they have 100 years experience because they have 10 people there, each  with 10 years experience in that field lol.

And believe me, a credit analyst can spot a back dated AMEX account on a CR in a blink.  Might improve the score, but it doesn't tell the person doing a manual review anything other than you had AMEX years ago, so you're no rookie.

Great points!

I have come quite a long way since 2006.  Sadly my lack of sufficient enough emergency fund upong lossing my employment in 2007 and my unwillingingness to ask for help, brought that progress back to ground zero.. So here I am back at it, and making sure I do right by my lenders. I've learned how the fruits of hard labor by countless borrowers before me, can really pay off, when you repsect the credit game.

Just the other day I was having a conversation at the mall with somebody about the FAKO scores they thought were FICO, and giving tips on how they can increase their FICO with a simple adjustment of their util%.  Next thing I know, I had another small group of ladies standing off to the side, so I asked if they needed help (was working my p/t), and the one said "No, I was wanting to hear more about what you were telling her" haha.  She was more than double my age.  Never to old to learn something new, and start over

Agreed! Great story! And congrats on the backdating success; I'm happy it worked out for you. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Agreed! Great story! And congrats on the backdating success; I'm happy it worked out for you. Smiley Happy

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 27
annielorie
Valued Contributor

So happy for you.  IMHO I would leave well enough alone. Do you really need the card to say 2006 if the report says it. Dont want to pull an alarm with the account. You got what you needed. I'm going to bat with AMex  in next week fingers crossed.Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 25 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

So happy for you.  IMHO I would leave well enough alone. Do you really need the card to say 2006 if the report says it. Dont want to pull an alarm with the account. You got what you needed. I'm going to bat with AMex  in next week fingers crossed.Smiley Very Happy

Nope, I would have liked it - yes.  Will I pursue it? absolutely not.  Just hoping the report says 2006, is all.

Hope you knock them out of the park, next week

Message 26 of 27
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I see dear dad this weekend.  I'm a hopin!! They the csr's wont ever see what hit um. And you know my motto never take NO for an answer!!! They will probably try to tell me No but will ultimitely give in...its a gift. I ll let you know the second I succeed!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.