cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex will not process a 2nd APP until 3-5 buisiness day?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will not process a 2nd APP until 3-5 buisiness day?

Anyone here applied for 2 American express cards same credit card app in on the 1st or 2nd following day. If so did you receive 3-5 business day decision if so were you approved or denied? I'd love to hear your story because this is exactly what happened to me.

8 REPLIES 8
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex will not process a 2nd APP until 3-5 buisiness day?

Yes, they make you wait 5 days before processing it. I got instant approval for ED card and the five day pending for BCE. I ended up getting denied five days later, but that was fine by me. Ymmv tho.
Message 2 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone here applied for 2 American express cards same credit card app in on the 1st or 2nd following day. If so did you receive 3-5 business day decision if so were you approved or denied? I'd love to hear your story because this is exactly what happened to me.

This seems to happen if you apply for two revolvers (credit) cards in the same day (or less than five days apart).  If you apply for a revolver and a charge in the same day this generally isn't a problem. 

When I applied for my Delta Gold and PRG last week they had me call in on the second app, but there was no wait - they approved it for me over the phone.  Also there was only one HP on Experian for me. (They likely did two HPs, but Experian merged them since they were the same day.)

Also notable is when you apply for two revolvers YMMV on if they do the HP for the second card the same day as the first, or a few days later - I've read threads where people reported both scenarios. 

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good info to know

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Amex Hilton in April 2016 but did not receive an instant approval.  They wanted me to call in but it was after hours when I applied so I had to wait until the next day.  I woke up the next morning with an email stating my application was approved.  I applied for the Gold Delta Skymiles card a few days later and my application was pending.  I called to check the status and was told that I needed to wait 5 business days when applying for a second credit card.  My application was eventually denied.  

I received an email offer today for the same card but the bonus is 50k miles versus the standard 30k bonus miles.  I am tempted to apply but I am supposed to be in the garden... 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hah most likely mine will be denied as well since I barley was approved for the amex blue cash everyday card with a SL of $1,000 so my second will not make it for the MB CREDIT CARD with an EX 662
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on getting that second app approved! Smiley Happy

I apped for Delta and SPG on a Saturday and was approved for both within minutes of each other that Monday morning. I've only ever had to call for my Platinum for verification to let them know it's me (probably because I've aquired 5 AmEx cards over a 5 month period). 

Message 7 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck on getting that second app approved! Smiley Happy

I apped for Delta and SPG on a Saturday and was approved for both within minutes of each other that Monday morning. I've only ever had to call for my Platinum for verification to let them know it's me (probably because I've aquired 5 AmEx cards over a 5 month period). 

This is exactly why I always use the disclaimer "usually" whenever I state how things (usually) happen... there are always exceptions!  Smiley Wink

The fastest way for me to make a liar of myself is to state that something "always" happens a certain way... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow my 2nd application from Sunday is still processing despite calling on Tuesday. This is outrageous and I will repeal it!!!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.