Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wont let me pay them.

tag
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex wont let me pay them.

with AMEX when you 1st set up a back account for Auto Pay you cant do more that 2 or 3 payments in that cycle. after on cycle you can pay as many times are you want. 

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

Did you pay twice in a week? This happened to me when I paid my card twice in a week. If I do it once a week, it goes through fine.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not this statement. No payments have been sent yet this statement.

Message 23 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that is strange. I encountered this once with my Zync and it posted my current balance..I hated that.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that is strange. I encountered this once with my Zync and it posted my current balance..I hated that.

PR Gold let me pay 7 times a month... I was going to suggest platinum may be different but you have a platinum... The rep said I have to wait 20 days... The balance would be massive by then. This card is everything personal/ light business/travel. Im trying the push a payment option.

Message 25 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Keep us posted. I push payments to discover all the time, and I'm signed up for directpay too, which automatically pays the minimim if it hasnt been paid yet. just in case I
forget or the payment I push gets applied to the wrong billing cycle. planning on doing same with new Amex.

Please let us know how this turns out for you
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 26 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

I just paid my BCE today and I will make another payment on Friday and see if it lets me.

Message 27 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to pay off my platinum card just now and got an error message saying this payment exceeds $0.00. This is not my first statement and ive paid them 3 times before. I havent made a payment in 2 weeks and would like to pay it off as the balance is getting quite high. 

I hear you about wanting to keep the balance under control, but do remember that if it does report a balance, it won't affect util as it's a charge card.

It's a pain though, and so I hope that the push method works for you. It's great for that first month, although I realize that this isn't your situation.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.