Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex wont let me pay them.

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex wont let me pay them.

Fusion;

Pushing a payment through AMEX is about the only way to bypass their stop.  I've done it with no problems as I've read others have as well.  Actually, I think that's the only way I've paid my AMEX so far....   It's really not much different to the AMEX system than mailing in a check as far as affect on account goes.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are getting paid and I dont think anybody would get annoyed with money coming in

Thats why I was kinda amazed to see that they wouldnt accept payment. Ill try a push. Thanks guys.

Message 12 of 28
dharalex
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would "push" a payment to them through your bank's online bill pay service if you have one.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

They wouldnt stop it or take any adverse action would they if I did that?

No, they won't block it, it will be applied. I have one, and I have experienced what you are going through. I use my bank in those cases. I still haven't received an answer, so I just try to limit my payments to 2, and it hasn't occurred since.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 13 of 28
dharalex
Established Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Fusion;

Pushing a payment through AMEX is about the only way to bypass their stop.  I've done it with no problems as I've read others have as well.  Actually, I think that's the only way I've paid my AMEX so far....   It's really not much different to the AMEX system than mailing in a check as far as affect on account goes.

The only difference, IMO, is the lag time. It takes my bank 72 hrs to apply the payment, whereas, an online Amex is applied the same day. So I make sure my bank payments are well in advance of my closing date.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 14 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Fusion;

The only difference, IMO, is the lag time. It takes my bank 72 hrs to apply the payment, whereas, an online Amex is applied the same day. So I make sure my bank payments are well in advance of my closing date.

Very good point!  I forget not everyone checks their cut off dates or knows it can take a few days for a push through etc, and even though they're way ahead of a due date, they might miss the statement cut off date by using their bank's bill pay if they don't do it days ahead.

That kind of just happened to me with another card, even though I paid the balance just a couple days before the usual statement cut, from their web page, the cut off date CHANGED for that statement.  It cut early, I think due to a weekend, not sure. So the balance posted anyway. Smiley Frustrated

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 28
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had a problem paying as well. I had already paid once this cycle and when I rang them a lady told me that if the bank account was new that you could only pay from it once until thirty days passed. Then the "probation" period would end and you can pay it everyday if you wanted. I don't know if this applies to you but just an idea.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I had a problem paying as well. I had already paid once this cycle and when I rang them a lady told me that if the bank account was new that you could only pay from it once until thirty days passed. Then the "probation" period would end and you can pay it everyday if you wanted. I don't know if this applies to you but just an idea.

No, ive used this bank with Amex for nearly a year. Nothing negative has ever happened. I just dont want 10K reporting as my balance is all so I keep the card paid down.

Message 17 of 28
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have PIF my new BCE card  5 times in the last 7 weeks using my US BANK account with no problems.  I always make the payment for the very next day, and AMEX always posts it on the same day.   

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 18 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MS00000000 wrote:

Call them.

Same response. There saying I have to wait till this billing cycle ends (20 days) before I can pay. Is this normal?

I would "push" a payment to them through your bank's online bill pay service if you have one.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to pay off my platinum card just now and got an error message saying this payment exceeds $0.00. This is not my first statement and ive paid them 3 times before. I havent made a payment in 2 weeks and would like to pay it off as the balance is getting quite high. 

Yes, AMEX is the only credit card company that I had to resort to pushing payments via my bank account to them. During my first month with them they would only allow one payment made on there site via my bank. All the other card companies allow me to make as many payments I want after the first one cleared, and a maximum of one payment per day. 

But I guess everyone feels this way about their frist prime card, no way I'm going to get a late payment now, 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.