Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex zync denied 662 fico

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Amex zync denied 662 fico

I just append for the zync card because I want a Amex so bad but when I applied I kind of had a feeling I would not be approved but when they pulled my Experian report the fico was 662
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
teenastie
Established Contributor

Re: Amex zync denied 662 fico

@Carlile92 wrote:
I just append for the zync card because I want a Amex so bad but when I applied I kind of had a feeling I would not be approved but when they pulled my Experian report the fico was 662

Bummer Smiley Sad

What were the reasons for denial? Have you tried to Recon?

Your utl on your Barclay's Card is a bit high and it looks like you've apped recently...

Message 2 of 12
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

They were short account history high balances and to little paid to balances iwas like I pay my balances in full every month how is that
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 3 of 12
jwheel113
Valued Member

Sorry to hear that.  I feel your pain.  I was just denied for the Chase Freedom after 3 recon attempts with a 707 TU FICO.  

Message 4 of 12
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Paying your cards in full every month doesn't mean that the credit card companies report your paid balance. Maybe you pay your credit card on the 30th of every month however they may cut the statement at say the 18th and whatever your balance is at that time, that is what they are reporting, regardless if you pay it before they report.

You may want to also consider my thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-said-my-score-is-667-but-lender-says-736/m-p/11009...

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carlile92 wrote:

Sorry to hear that....I just applied and was approved for the AMEX Zync card at the beginning of December. I'm surprised as at that time when they pulled my EX credit report my score reported as 635, there were two old collection accounts on there at the time, in terms of utilization everything was probably < 30% overall but I know for certain that my Barclay card was about $794/$1200, average age of account is slightly less than 3 years (opened up a couple new cards this year). I know the charge cards are easier to get approved with AMEX, so I figured I'd try that to start building a relationship with them but I was still shocked that I was instantly approved.

Don't know what else is on your CR but from what you've said and the credit-debt ratio listed in your signature it seems like yours is better than mine....if I were you I would try to call for recon.

Message 6 of 12
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

Im divided on this one, I really wanted to app for this one but seeing as how I entered the garden I'm trying to do my best to stay in it. I don't know what my EX score is but my TU 660 EQ 623, I checked their pre-selected offers page and nothing came up so I didn't app.

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mickey11 wrote:
Im divided on this one, I really wanted to app for this one but seeing as how I entered the garden I'm trying to do my best to stay in it. I don't know what my EX score is but my TU 660 EQ 623, I checked their pre-selected offers page and nothing came up so I didn't app.

Before applying for the Zync card I checked to see if i was pre-selected for any of their offers, and nothing came up so I wouldn't let the absence of offers prevent you from applying!

I've seen on several AMEX threads here that they use some type of in house scoring system...too bad it's not clear exactly what they take into consideration because it makes it harder to determine what your chances are getting approved, especially when you see not so stellar credit scores being approved but then also people with good scores getting denied...makes you scratch your head lol

Good luck on your decision!

Message 8 of 12
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

I'm mailing off two GWs today so I think I'll be patient and see if they get deleted before I make a move. I don't need the AmEx immediately anyway, I just have this addiction problem haha...

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 9 of 12
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Those are all brand new accounts the only thing that has a balance on it is cap one which will be paid down to zero and sock drawer then the other one that has a balance on it is the au account from chase which is close to maxed
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.