Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex

@Ups77 wrote:

My scores 720s and I have about 1% utilization. 

The ones that turn 2 yrs in may aren't impacting your score, but can still be seen.  Your scores are sound and util. strong. It's really up to you - apply now or wait until the oldest inqs fall off your reports. 

I had 3 inqs from car loan shopping in early 2013 showong and 3 others from CCs (all TU), when I was approved for ED in December. Also had BK7 from 07. Got approved for $11.3K at 13.99% after 0% intro rate.  BTW, they also pulled EX but not EQ.

Message 21 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and if you do get the card you get a nice backdate.

Message 22 of 55
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

The backdating is a beautiful thing! Smiley Very Happy  Will pull my reports in March./April after a few inqs drop off to see actual benefit from 2 cards backdated to 1990. The ED I was approved for and my DD added me as AU on her PRG.  Should be a decent boost to AAoA.Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ups77 wrote:

My scores 720s and I have about 1% utilization. 

What are you waiting for?  Hit the submit button on the app. alreadySmiley Tongue

Message 24 of 55
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Come on already 'UPS'....my fraud stricken CHASE Freedom is gonna get here quicker via 'UPS' overnite for cryin' out loud.

Your $15K Blue Cash Preferred doesn't take but a minute.

Message 25 of 55
Ups77
Regular Contributor

If I dont get approved should I call the back number right away.

Message 26 of 55
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Ups77 wrote:

If I dont get approved should I call the back number right away.

Sure, can't hurt.  But I don't see that as being necessary, you'll get approved.

Some say go for a a revolver too.  Not sure the reasoning or science, but it seemed to be some sort of duo-app thingy. lol  ..I think i app'd for the PRG lst, and then as quick I could, I app'd for the BCP ($10.1k) instant....scores were low low 700's.  Utiliz 15%, 12 INQ's most likely, AAoA 2yrs, $100k income. Clean EX which is who they will pull.

Message 27 of 55
Ups77
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Message 28 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

Message 29 of 55
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I'm going to today. I just pig my ussa card. That should hit my fico alert today giving me 1% utilization on ex.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.