Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Paying no interest is how I've always handled my lines, however, you can let a balance post to the statement and not pay interest. Just pay off the balance by the due date...this is likely all things you already know. Based on your posts, you should be good to apply for the BCP....just consider if you will spend enough to make the AF worth it. I just went with the BCE after pondering that one. Let us know how the app turns out.

Cheers!

Yeah i think it's a common misconception that if you let the balance post, then you have to pay interest. As long as you pay the bill by the due date it's fine. And the balance gets reported so its not like your balance every month is $0. 

Message 31 of 34
sjt
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Paying no interest is how I've always handled my lines, however, you can let a balance post to the statement and not pay interest. Just pay off the balance by the due date...this is likely all things you already know. Based on your posts, you should be good to apply for the BCP....just consider if you will spend enough to make the AF worth it. I just went with the BCE after pondering that one. Let us know how the app turns out.

Cheers!

I got my Green and BCP with an EX of 695 (as reported by Amex), back-to-back, one HP (app'd for Green first).  I had no offers on the prequal page.

Two COs on report, both six years old.  Previous Amex account IIBK7 15 years ago.  Still approved (4/2015).

Go for it, I think you're golden.  Smiley Wink

Congrats!

How much was the Amex loss in your previous BK?

It was significant; several thousand dollars.  It was unfortunate, since with BK7 you can't 'pick and choose' what creditors to include. Smiley Sad

I know I'll likely never see a CLI, but at least they let me back in the door.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update.

Are you sure they wont give you a CLI.

BTW My friend was denied for an Amex Card because he Bk'd them 20 years ago. He ended up paying them and reapplied a few months later and he was approved.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 32 of 34
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
yes pif credit cards every month . It actually said they have no offers for me but reccomended 3 different cards

Dont base your decision off of that. You should be good to go. with your scores and util. with is 0. unless you have some negatives we don't know about. Amex is not the amex of old. with rigorous strict approvals. Chase and Citi much harder to get in with. Good luck. keep us posted when you are approved. Smiley Wink

+1 

though ill ill disagree with Chase lol. I've had around 7 cards with them since February 2014* and just got my Disney one.

* Amazon visa

freedom

CSP

CS

Marriott 

Slate 

disney 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 33 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@sjt wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@dbutz1109 wrote:

Cheers!

I got my Green and BCP with an EX of 695 (as reported by Amex), back-to-back, one HP (app'd for Green first).  I had no offers on the prequal page.

Two COs on report, both six years old.  Previous Amex account IIBK7 15 years ago.  Still approved (4/2015).

Go for it, I think you're golden.  Smiley Wink

Congrats!

How much was the Amex loss in your previous BK?

It was significant; several thousand dollars.  It was unfortunate, since with BK7 you can't 'pick and choose' what creditors to include. Smiley Sad

I know I'll likely never see a CLI, but at least they let me back in the door.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the update.

Are you sure they wont give you a CLI.

BTW My friend was denied for an Amex Card because he Bk'd them 20 years ago. He ended up paying them and reapplied a few months later and he was approved.

I'm not 'absolutely positive', but I'm not counting on it. I plan to try again when my 90 days is up, which is still a few weeks away, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

It's actually OK for me, though, since for my purposes (cash rewards) it works fine with the SL I was given, since I PIF each month.  A CLI is always nice, as it pads utilization, but fortunately I have other cards that more than make up for it.  Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.