Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex

Once on the blacklist with American Express is that it? No way off the list?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex

From what I've seen others post, if you pay American Express the amount they had to write off that caused them to blacklist you, you can then get a rebuilding card with them. And if you do well with the rebuilding card, you can then get their mainstream cards.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Once on the blacklist with American Express is that it? No way off the list?

Time.

It only took me 25 years Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They hold a grudge. Uncle b has a few cards with them from blacklist but, unfortunately, he's stuck with toy limits. They may let you in but don't expect high limits
Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
They hold a grudge. Uncle b has a few cards with them from blacklist but, unfortunately, he's stuck with toy limits. They may let you in but don't expect high limits

+1

^^^ This exactly.  They let me back in after 15 years, but they most certainly didn't forget.  Smiley Sad

FWIW, before I canceled my Green last month I tried the 'spending ability' feature, and it indicated that a $2500 charge would be approved.  For my profile that's actually quite generous, so if you only need a charge card (not a revolver) you would be fine.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you go about paying them?

If you call and even talk about the charge off does it reset the SOL?

If you do pay them what was charged off- how soon are you unblacklisted?

Message 6 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

How would you go about paying them?

If you call and even talk about the charge off does it reset the SOL?

If you do pay them what was charged off- how soon are you unblacklisted?

As for restarting the SOL, honestly I would seek out someone with legal knowledge in your state (since it can vary).  I wouldn't trust something that important to an internet forum, but that's just me.

As for paying back Amex, the program they have is (or at least used to be) called 'Oasis'. 

If you do a google search for 'Amex Oasis' or "Amex Optima Oasis' you'll find quite a bit of information.  When you complete the program, historically you would receive an American Express Optima card... I'm not sure of the current process, but I'm sure it's similar if not the same.

Good luck! 

Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just found some information over on the Amex community site; apparently Oasis is by 'invitation only' but the CSR/Moderator over there did provide a number to call to inquire about your options (see last message, dated 3/16/2016).

https://community.americanexpress.com/message/29903#29903

From past experience i can say that the information over there is known to change over time, even when provided by a CSR/Mod.  I would still search for this on google; if nothing else that will give you an idea of how the process has worked for other people.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.