Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount of unused bankcard credit limits

tag
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amount of unused bankcard credit limits

I was once denied due to having no mortgage information, as if that would put me in a better position to pay any additional debts...

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 11 of 17
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting response.

Yes.  Don't think it applies much in OP's case, but it IS a meaningful response for some, basically "too much available credit" so even though it is unused, it potentially can be, creating a risk factor.    It must be triggered by other factors as well, since many have total CLs much greater than income and don't get this message.

For sure.  My limits arent more than my income.  I really dont get it but thats okay. for some reason between them and Target they make up strange responses to deny me but yet stores like Norstrom and Macys dont.  Even Chaseand BOA gave me valid reason and explained their reasons.

Message 12 of 17
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Co-branding thru Citi and WF are the reasons why Synchrony and Commenity are eating up the store card market.

I got denied Home Depot (Citi), approved for $700 at Lowes (now $17K).  Naturally, I don't shop at Home Depot anymore; if I needed anything for my home, I'd go to Lowes.

Yes I dont think i will be shopping at Dillards.  I still do some shopping at Target but I dont see a need for their card anymore. If  I shop there i will just use my Capial one card

Message 13 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Ok I ve applied for Dillards and was denied and the denial letter read too many inquiries an my collections but 1 came up as Amount of unused bankcard credit limits.  Not sure if that is a really bad thing or not.  Anyone know what that means and what i may be doing wrong?

It's Wells Fargo, not you OP. Another lame excuse. You are not doing anything wrong.

+1

The OP would do much better to forget it ever happened, eat the HP, and move on to better card business lenders.

Sounds exactly my own experience with them last year. My very first and last try with anything related to WF Ugh

+2

You have to almost open an account at WF just to have  Dillards card! 

Move on to another card, one thats backed by Synch or Commenity...99.9% approval..( most of the time)

Message 14 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Co-branding thru Citi and WF are the reasons why Synchrony and Commenity are eating up the store card market.

I got denied Home Depot (Citi), approved for $700 at Lowes (now $17K).  Naturally, I don't shop at Home Depot anymore; if I needed anything for my home, I'd go to Lowes.

Yes I dont think i will be shopping at Dillards.  I still do some shopping at Target but I dont see a need for their card anymore. If  I shop there i will just use my Capial one card

Get the Target Debit card (or even better the Prepaid RedBird if available), then you get 5% with no hit on your credit report.

Message 15 of 17
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@longtime lurker yes I got the target debit card so no need for their credit card and their excuses ☺️

Message 16 of 17
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@Pizza1 yea I just don't think it's worth it I got some good cards and just plugging away so one day I can have a prime card but I got nordstrom and macys so that's good ans macys always has a sale

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.