Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amounts listed for AMEX PRG on CR?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Amounts listed for AMEX PRG on CR?

This is PRG with Pay Over Time. 

The first charge I made was for 2k and I paid it before the statement cut (I did most times on this card). It only shows the High Balance ($723) of a statement cut (not what was charged).

COMPANYAmerican ExpressAmerican ExpressAmex
LOAN TYPECredit CardCredit CardCredit Card
ACCOUNT NUMBER-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ACCOUNT HOLDERIndividualIndividual AccountIndividual
DATE OPENEDOct, 2014Oct, 2014Oct, 2014
Status

STATUS DATEJan, 2015Jan, 2015

Jan, 2015

CONDITIONNot UpdatedNot UpdatedNot Updated
LAST ACTIVITYDec, 2014-Not Available
BALANCE$0$0$0
STATUSPays account as agreedPaid or paying as agreedThis is an account in good standing

LATE 30 DAYS0 times0 times0 times
LATE 60 DAYS0 times0 times0 times
LATE 90 PLUS DAYS0 times0 times0 times
WORST DELINQUENCYNone ReportedNone ReportedNo update received
HIGH BALANCE$723$723$723
TERMS--1 Month
SCHEDULED PAYMENT---
CREDIT LIMIT---
REMARKS---
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 18.49% APR on POT with my Plat and PRG cards. I never use the feature but, it gives me a hard due date with a minimum payment figure which i like vs the vague  "please pay by" 2 weeks earilier. Therefor, I suggest, you always opt in if given the opportuinity. Dont forget, once you opt out of POT you never get a second chance. One time shot. I just dont see a down side to opting in.

AAOA 2 years . Never and lates or missed payments. EX 731  TU 727 EQ 735  

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

elim thanks a million times for helping me understand how the card will report to the bureaus.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 18.49% APR on POT with my Plat and PRG cards. I never use the feature but, it gives me a hard due date with a minimum payment figure which i like vs the vague  "please pay by" 2 weeks earilier. Therefor, I suggest, you always opt in if given the opportuinity. Dont forget, once you opt out of POT you never get a second chance. One time shot. I just dont see a down side to opting in.

AAOA 2 years . Never and lates or missed payments. EX 731  TU 727 EQ 735  

OK I see your logic.  Opt in for the features but don't use because the rate is high. 

Message 14 of 18
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

. I have received several invitations  to trade up to the Amex Platinum Card. My current usage patterns would not give me enough returns to justify the increased membership fees. However, a person never wants tightly shut the windows or doors, lifestyles and events change.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card! I love my PRG, it's my daily driver. I also have the Pay over Time option which I have yet to use, but it's a nice feature to have. The interest rate for me is on the higher side, which isn't surprising, but I PIF all cards that have interest so it's not a big deal.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your new card! I love my PRG, it's my daily driver. I also have the Pay over Time option which I have yet to use, but it's a nice feature to have. The interest rate for me is on the higher side, which isn't surprising, but I PIF all cards that have interest so it's not a big deal.

I plan on it being my daily driver also.  The more I think about it, it makes sense to get POT even though I plan not to use it.

Message 17 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

From my experience they report it as a Open Account. Sometimes it shows as a Credit Card when you look at online CR, however its still coded as an open account and the balance is not factored in utilization on all three CR. The highest balance owed is listed where the credit limit is listed.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.