cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amtrak MasterCard® is the ONLY Chase MC card now?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Amtrak MasterCard® is the ONLY Chase MC card now?

Hi guys, does Chase really stop offer new MC credit card except Amtrak?Cat Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Amtrak MasterCard® the only MC card Chase can offer now?

Pretty much as far as co-branded cards go in their current lineup for personal cards.  The only others for Chase Military relationship are: Military Star Rewards, AFC Membership Rewards and ARMY MWR amongst the only few left with the MC payment network. 

Message 2 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amtrak MasterCard® is the ONLY Chase MC card now?

My DH's Freedom is a MC, but he got that last year. I just went over to the Chase website and looked at their cards. I see that they're not showing the Visa or MC logo on the card. I took that as an indication that you can still request the MC version, but I don't know this for a fact. Also, my Chase Ink (which is a small business, not a personal use) card came as a World Mastercard.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

My DH's Freedom is a MC, but he got that last year. I just went over to the Chase website and looked at their cards. I see that they're not showing the Visa or MC logo on the card. I took that as an indication that you can still request the MC version, but I don't know this for a fact. Also, my Chase Ink (which is a small business, not a personal use) card came as a World Mastercard.

The Chase "unisex" display has been there for a while since they used to offer both versions not long ago for the majority of their main CCs.  They've recently started phasing out MC for Visa with the majority of those current MC cardholder versions being slated for conversion throughout this year in various phases.

Message 4 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

The Chase "unisex" display has been there for a while since they used to offer both versions not long ago for the majority of their main CCs.  They've recently started phasing out MC for Visa with the majority of those current MC cardholder versions being slated for conversion throughout this year in various phases.

Thanks for the info, FinStar.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 8
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Few days ago I spoke to someone from their EO in Illinois who confirmed that they are expanding their relationship with Visa and abandoning MC.
Message 6 of 8
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@Platinum wrote:
Few days ago I spoke to someone from their EO in Illinois who confirmed that they are expanding their relationship with Visa and abandoning MC.

I second this.  I actually called and cancelled my Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard which I opened almost a year ago.  I wanted to avoid having to pay the $95 annual fee and I so I asked convert to a Freedom MasterCard and have two Freedoms (already have Freedom Visa)...but it was a no go.  The only option I had was to convert to the traditional Sapphire (no annual fee) and it would be a Visa.  I really wanted to keep the account as a MasterCard as it is the only one in my wallet but paying the $95 annual fee just for a MasterCard (I wasn't really using the card to its fullest advantage) didn't make sense to me...so I just closed the account and transferred the credit line over to my Freedom and Slate cards.  RIP Chase Sapphire Preferred MasterCard...

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

I second this.  I actually called and cancelled my Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard which I opened almost a year ago.  I wanted to avoid having to pay the $95 annual fee and I so I asked convert to a Freedom MasterCard and have two Freedoms (already have Freedom Visa)...but it was a no go.  The only option I had was to convert to the traditional Sapphire (no annual fee) and it would be a Visa.  I really wanted to keep the account as a MasterCard as it is the only one in my wallet but paying the $95 annual fee just for a MasterCard (I wasn't really using the card to its fullest advantage) didn't make sense to me...so I just closed the account and transferred the credit line over to my Freedom and Slate cards.  RIP Chase Sapphire Preferred MasterCard...

LOL... that last comment was funny... OP, did you have an obituary for your CSP MC?  My condolences to you on your MC loss~

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.