Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An additional Chase card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

An additional Chase card?

I was recently approved for the Chase Saphire Preferred card. I also PCd my Chase Slate to a Freedom Unlimited, and have an existing Freedom card. Is there any other card in the Chase protfolio that would go nicely with these three rewards cards? I'm think of one of the United or Hotel cards, but do they work well with the UR points from the existing cards? If one does I'd like to apply soon and see if they can use the same HP that they used for my CSP.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: An additional Chase card?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently approved for the Chase Saphire Preferred card. I also PCd my Chase Slate to a Freedom Unlimited, and have an existing Freedom card. Is there any other card in the Chase protfolio that would go nicely with these three rewards cards? I'm think of one of the United or Hotel cards, but do they work well with the UR points from the existing cards? If one does I'd like to apply soon and see if they can use the same HP that they used for my CSP.

Thanks

It really depends on your spend/travel habits... for example if you never fly United then getting the United card would be a bad move

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. I'm not really vested in any one carrier. That being said, I do tend to fly United more than most of the other carriers. So I wouldn't have a problem using thier rewards. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH those are 3 pretty great cards to have. Anything else is just extra bonus points I would say.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That's was my inital thought. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't leaving anything on the table as far as maximising my rewards benifits or any other perks, i.e. free bagage, room nights, and/or lounge access. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

They won't use the same HP they used for the CSP so you can scratch that off the list...

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The United card would pair well with those three. United is a CSP transfer partner, so you can use your UR points in conjuction with your United sign-up bonus to go, well, anywhere. You will probably have enough to go all the way to Asia. I think United has a large spend requirement (like the CSP does) though, so you may need to wait a while.

Message 7 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

You've probably got Chase's 3 best cards there.

So why put more eggs in that basket?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I ended up getting the Ink Plus card a little over a week ago. It was just one HP on EX. It definitly pairs up nicely with the CSP, CFU and CF cards as they all earn UR points. I think I'm done apping for cards for quite some time. Now I just need to go meet the bonus spend on the Ink. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

They won't use the same HP they used for the CSP so you can scratch that off the list...

Why not? 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.