Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An adventure a day, with Barclay

tag
Tuxedo77
Contributor

An adventure a day, with Barclay

Used my MC rewards for gas for the first time yesterday. Log-in today and the pop-up read, "the charge looks fraudulent, confirm this charge was made by you". So I clicked-'Yes-charge made by me', and now the darn charge is missing from the pending and current charge screens Smiley LOL (the hold amount is missing from my available credit line though).

on a side-note...... Got an unexpected X2 points at Target! Maybe because they sell produce?  Days with Barclays are full of unexpected 'events' Smiley Wink

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: An adventure a day, with Barclay

Lmao.. These are the days of our livesss...
Yeah Barclay's barstays in my SD. For now at least- until they decide to sens me some cheap credit. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 10
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Lmao.. These are the days of our livesss...
Yeah Barclay's barstays in my SD. For now at least- until they decide to sens me some cheap credit. Lol

Yeah I wanted to PC to the RingCard after a year or so........plenty time to think this one through

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

Used my MC rewards for gas for the first time yesterday. Log-in today and the pop-up read, "the charge looks fraudulent, confirm this charge was made by you". So I clicked-'Yes-charge made by me', and now the darn charge is missing from the pending and current charge screens Smiley LOL (the hold amount is missing from my available credit line though).

on a side-note...... Got an unexpected X2 points at Target! Maybe because they sell produce?  Days with Barclays are full of unexpected 'events' Smiley Wink

Pssst...Pssst... hey Tuxedo77 how's it going?  It's me again...lol  Smiley Wink   I have 4 Barclays CCs... anytime I use any of them can lead to some sort of adventure.

Message 4 of 10
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Hey there Fin Star.......

Would one of those 4 be the Ring Card?
Btw I think the ERT's are sleep......so, I was kicking around the idea of that beautiful BCP that keeps popping up when I log in lol
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
Hey there Fin Star.......

Would one of those 4 be the Ring Card?
Btw I think the ERT's are sleep......so, I was kicking around the idea of that beautiful BCP that keeps popping up when I log in lol

No Ring card, sadly...just have the US Airways Premier WMC, Travelocity AMEX, Priceline & LL Bean Visa Siggys.  I also have Bank of Hawaii AMEX (serviced by Barclays in midst of transition).

Are u sure they're asleep?  I just saw Lexie strolling around on another thread and myjourney was still wide awake somewhere...

Message 6 of 10
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Yikes......never mind. Er um someone logged into my account and posted the above, yeah that's what happened.

That Priceline looks like a steal, can't get past Willy Shatner though.....hard to take the product seriously lol.
Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
Yikes......never mind. Er um someone logged into my account and posted the above, yeah that's what happened.

That Priceline looks like a steal, can't get past Willy Shatner though.....hard to take the product seriously lol.

LOL... I think that added the "aesthetic" bonus for having the card, well at the time. Unfortunately, it's been nerfed pretty badly and the reard structure is a bit lackluster.  I'm thinking of eventually PC'ing it to something else by next year if anything.  Or, I might consider the Arrival WMC and combine the CLs and close the Priceline one...it's just gonna be hard to part with Willy Shatner though.

So you're curious about the BCP?  What attracts you to it?  I have the BCP.

Message 8 of 10
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Well my denial for the AMEX green is what got me in garden mode. But now after reading others' comments about AMEX chargers I'm not so sure charge cards aren't antiquated and nearly useless. I've read the MR points don't convert to cash very well. I fly maybe twice a year so I no longer think it's the best choice for me even though the green was my dream as a kid. Which leads me to bcp..... Those limits can open some great doors.
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Tuxedo77 wrote:
Well my denial for the AMEX green is what got me in garden mode. But now after reading others' comments about AMEX chargers I'm not so sure charge cards aren't antiquated and nearly useless. I've read the MR points don't convert to cash very well. I fly maybe twice a year so I no longer think it's the best choice for me even though the green was my dream as a kid. Which leads me to bcp..... Those limits can open some great doors.

I agree.  Charge cards work for some folks but not for others, but in a way provide a shoe-in to increase the opportunity for approval for some of their revolvers.  Some folks can get a revolver without having a charge card, but one's CR profile needs to be optimal and all ducks need to be in a row.  As far as CL growth, yes...AMEX's revolvers do provide a generous means to increase purchasing power by up to 3x after having the card for less than 6 months.  So that is a plus.

Oh I think you were right... Lexie and myjourney went nitey nites!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.