Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ancient AAoA question

tag
NikoD
Regular Contributor

Ancient AAoA question

Does anyone know what the approximate AAoA would have to be before the accounts aging even further would have no further benefit to your score? What I mean is if someone only had ancient CC with an AAoA of over 25 years, is that actually any better than someone with an AAoA of 15 years? It's obviously not worse but at what point do you think it would stop being better and just stay the same for your score?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ancient AAoA question

@NikoD wrote:

Does anyone know what the approximate AAoA would have to be before the accounts aging even further would have no further benefit to your score? What I mean is if someone only had ancient CC with an AAoA of over 25 years, is that actually any better than someone with an AAoA of 15 years? It's obviously not worse but at what point do you think it would stop being better and just stay the same for your score?

I think 15-20 yrs is a good one to have anymore is prob not necessary. I know someone who has an AAoA of 47 yrs, only has one card thats it, my score is higher than that individual.

Adding: My AAoA is 3 yrs 7 mo.

Message 2 of 5
Remember0
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I know someone who has an AAoA of 47 yrs, only has one card thats it, my score is higher than that individual.

Jesus. Is it an AMEX by chance? If so tell him to add another AMEX haha, it won't hurt his AAOA at all and would help fico since there'd be more than 1 tradeline reporting.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Remember0 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I know someone who has an AAoA of 47 yrs, only has one card thats it, my score is higher than that individual.

Jesus. Is it an AMEX by chance? If so tell him to add another AMEX haha, it won't hurt his AAOA at all and would help fico since there'd be more than 1 tradeline reporting.

Nope, it has gone thru many bank buyouts and is now a Chase Slate. Ya I know about the AMEX trick, LOL

Message 4 of 5
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@NikoD wrote:

That's an interesting question. Most other forums and/or credit sites have an average AAoA of 8 to 12 years for "high achievers." If there is in fact a score differential between 15 years and 25 years, I don't believe it would be a significant one.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.