cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And after 6 months of history my FICO score is...

tag
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

And after 6 months of history my FICO score is...

I got my Equifax score from here and it's 724!! I honestly thought it was going to be lower than that, under 700, I was very surprised! Thanks to everyone in the forum, couldnt have done it without this site Smiley Happy

I have a $500 bank of america CC and a $200 capital one. 6 months with the two of them.

One reports a <1% balance, the other one 0.

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: And after 6 months of history my FICO score is...

WOW!!!  That is VERY encouraging!  Smiley Very Happy

We don't have any score yet because we're just starting out.  I hope we'll be able to post something like this in 6 monhts.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Apply for Citi, you would probably get a huge line!

and Amex Zync.

Message 3 of 11
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Hmmm will Citi or AMEX take me with only 6 months of history and such low CL??

Message 4 of 11
sonson
Regular Contributor

@Sophiamarie wrote:

I think Amex would like to see atleast one year of credit history. just garden for another half year

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 11
Cranston
Established Member

congrats,  I would suggest you ask BofA for a CLI before applying to any different companies.

Message 6 of 11
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Sophiamarie wrote:

Just got both a Citi and an AMEX with less than a year of history, and only two $300 Cap1's and one $500 CU card. Only caveat is that I'm an AU on some accounts of my mom and dad's, infalting my AAoA a lot, but I don't know if AMEX or Citi ingores AU accounts, if it helps, hurts, or what. 

I would try for both...then again, I'm probably the most liberal person when it comes to inquiries. I apply way too much. Smiley Tongue 

I'm sure you would get at least one, if not both of them. My Citi card has a $4,000 CL...so I went from $300 and $500 CL's to $4,000. It is possible. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11
dp321
Regular Contributor

If you don't have any loan, that's about normally where you would start after six month of solid payments and low util. I suggest you wait at least another half a year and keep up the good work before you try to apply for anything else. The rush of getting approved for a card or seeing your good credit score is irresistible (now that they let you see your credit score when you apply, which make apping doubly tempting), I know, I just did a mini app spree back in July that landed me with a Chase, Citi and Amex.

If you are a student, try get a student More card with Discover, I heard they are picky otherwise, but I got my student More card with less than one year of history. Discover has some pretty nice cashback with online merchants such as 15% cashback with Groupon. Also, look into Chase Freedom, they are doing $200 - $250 bonus signup cash back all the time these days, just have to find the right app. Wait a little longer and skip the zync with Amex, get one of their Blue Cash card for the awesome cash back on groceries, or one of their hotel chain card. . Personally I think zync is rather pointless besides helping to get in the door with AMEX and being a charge card with a super low annual fees. That's just my take. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Wow, that is great! Smiley Happy If you dont mind me asking. Are those secured cards? I have a $500 BofA CC, been thinking about getting at least two cards, to hopefully push my scores up. Great job Sophiamarie 

Message 9 of 11
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Both are secured. I paid $49 for the Cap1 $200, and $99 for the BofA $500.

I am going to get an auto loan with my credit union next week. So I will probably wait a couple of months after that to apply for a CC.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.