Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And so it begins...Ive got too much

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

And so it begins...Ive got too much

Called today and closed out DCU and NASA memberships. Trying to keep up with 4 banks and 32 CC's is too much.

Im completely overwhelmed, and depressed about my situation all of a sudden. I feel like Im in panic mode for some reason and tears strolling down my face as I type this, and totally regretting everything now!! Only got those memberships for hopes of having CC's with them. Thats riduculous, especially with my profile. 

Closed Loft, 76 gas, and Buckle

I said I closed these awhile back, but never actually mailed the requests off, well today I did. ( I like to send actual paper requests for stuff like that).

Ill keep reevaluating every couple of months my store cards, and close 1-2, as I see fit, and how they incorporate in my life, and if I even really use them. I dont need them for cushion, since I PIF, and always have a 1% reporting. 

Im just very overwhelmed right now, and I think its all hitting me hard. Im not the type of person to go out and get 20 CC in a matter of less than 2 months, but I did! Ive put a halt to it, and Im gonna be taking some time away from here too, Im just a little fragile right now.

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: And so it begins...Ive got too much

I am glad to see you take action.
Message 2 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st step is realizing you have a problem, second step is taking action.  You're on your way.  Don't let the haters keep you down.  You have support here.  Best of luck to you.

Message 3 of 74
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Called today and closed out DCU and NASA memberships. Trying to keep up with 4 banks and 32 CC's is too much.

Im completely overwhelmed, and depressed about my situation all of a sudden. I feel like Im in panic mode for some reason and tears strolling down my face as I type this, and totally regretting everything now!! Only got those memberships for hopes of having CC's with them. Thats riduculous, especially with my profile. 

Closed Loft, 76 gas, and Buckle

I said I closed these awhile back, but never actually mailed the requests off, well today I did. ( I like to send actual paper requests for stuff like that).

Ill keep reevaluating every couple of months my store cards, and close 1-2, as I see fit, and how they incorporate in my life, and if I even really use them. I dont need them for cushion, since I PIF, and always have a 1% reporting. 

Im just very overwhelmed right now, and I think its all hitting me hard. Im not the type of person to go out and get 20 CC in a matter of less than 2 months, but I did! Ive put a halt to it, and Im gonna be taking some time away from here too, Im just a little fragile right now.

Many individuals (including myself) have applied for something they did not need. Don't beat yourself up about it. You only have 1% utilization so you are handling your situation well; however, I'm glad you recognized you have an issue and you are taking the steps necessary to resolve it. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from the forum. I wish you the best of luck! 

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 4 of 74
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Don't beat yourself up Laura.  You will have a year or two to figure out what you wantn to keep and what you want to get rid of.  You're a fighter, I will let you have this one moment of weakness but don't let it happen again!! Messing up my euphoria from Duke winning the national championship!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 5 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to ya. Don't take this the wrong way, but you seriously need to stay the hell away from this forum, take few months off, use your sign up bonus points for free vacay, wait... you have a trip to mexico coming soon, right? go on vacation and don't think about any credit cards, not even about closing store credit, clear your head and enjoy life.

when you come back home from awesome vacation, then carefully plan ahead on your credit journey, close any useless cards.

you've done very well at getting tons of credits after your BK, but it was done in very aggressive and wreckless manner, but the damage is done and only thing you can do is work wth what you have and you'll raise your credit scores in the future, just imagine your credit scores over 800s and getting approved for Ritz Carlton card.

p.s : don't make me drag your ass to "Red mini stapler's rehab facility for credit card app addicts", because it really does exist, in two convenient locations in california. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 74
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I will occasionally post something if needed, like meeting bonus spends or something like that, where it might be beneficial to someone else to hear. At least for awhile..... Thanks
Message 7 of 74
NRB525
Super Contributor

32 cards can seem overwhelming, but most of those do not have any balances, correct?

While it may seem stressful right now, in these situations (whether considering a new app or considering closing a card) it is best to sleep on it and then come back to the decision in a few days. The cards will wait a few days or weeks for a decision, and this may be a passing temporary stress moment.  After the dopamine rush of all the apps the last few months, this may be expected: A form of "buyers remorse". Try to keep a level head about it all.

Glad to hear you mailed the closure letters. I too prefer to use snail mail to send such letters, because they take some time to write, print, envelope, put the stamp on, then when they drop in the USPS slot, they are done. No looking back on those, and the process of writing the letter is a good stretch of time to be sure you want to really close the card.

My suggestion the other day to look at one store card for closure every few months, the reason for that is it keeps you from over doing it; closing cards just to meet some fast quota you feel pressured to meet. You have to think about which one goes into the skeet trap next, and only one at a time.... Pull!... Bam!

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, don't worry.  You're doing the right thing.  Worrying won't help, just make you feel worse.  Heart  I have 18 & plan of cutting out the ones I really don't like & maybe getting a couple new ones down the road.  I do have all of them on auto pay just in case.  Stay strong & great going!

Message 9 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww its ok Smiley Happy Don't cry. We've all made a few mistakes dealing with this crazy world of credit I'm sure. At least you recognize where you went wrong. I only have 7 cards and I'm already wondering how to narrow them down to 4 next year. Not everyone is meant to have and keep up with a ton of cards. Nothing wrong with it. If you need a break take all the time you need. myFICO isn't going anywhere. Past is over, no point in dwelling on it now. Create a better plan for the future. Thats all you can do.

Good luck!

hugs.jpg

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.