Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andrews Federal Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrews Federal Credit Union

I had a Ch7 BK filed in 08/09 and discharged 11/09.  I applied for a visa card with Andrews Federal Credit Union but have not heard anything.  There does not seem to be much info on them on this forum that I could find.  Does anyone have any recent info about them?  Or anyone apply for and receive a visa card with them?

Credit scores 2/27/2011 - Transunion Vantage: TU & EX both 731 C, EQ 719 C

EX Auto Fico 2: 719

Creditkarma TransRisk from Transunion: 689

EQ from Myfico: 640

As you can see, several scores but not sure the meaning or value because of the variation of +/- 100 points roughly.

Current Credit 2/27/2011: Dell ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $1,500 2005

Kohl's ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $300 2006

Household Bank MC - 11/09 $1,000

Car loan Toyota Financial - $18K 11/2010

Capital One MC (did have account included in BK with a $5k limit) - $1,000 2/11

Valero gas card - $300 2/11

Pac Sun store card - $250 2/11

Kay & Jared store cards - $3K 2/11 

I am just curious if I have a chance at their visa card.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Andrews Federal Credit Union

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Ch7 BK filed in 08/09 and discharged 11/09.  I applied for a visa card with Andrews Federal Credit Union but have not heard anything.  There does not seem to be much info on them on this forum that I could find.  Does anyone have any recent info about them?  Or anyone apply for and receive a visa card with them?

Credit scores 2/27/2011 - Transunion Vantage: TU & EX both 731 C, EQ 719 C These are what we call around here "FAKO" scores because they are not based on formulas used by FICO and since the majority of lenders use FICO scores these "FAKO" scores are worthless. They could be higher or lower than a true FICO score. In your case the difference it quite a bit because the EQ you got here (Which IS a FICO score) is 91 points less than the so called EQ score you got from Transunion. One reason for the big difference is that VantageScores use a different score range (501-990) where FICO uses a range of 300-850.

EX Auto Fico 2: 719 If this was pulled by a lender it's accurate. Otherwise it's probably another FAKO. I'll explain further below.

Creditkarma TransRisk from Transunion: 689 FAKO

EQ from Myfico: 640 Accurate

As you can see, several scores but not sure the meaning or value because of the variation of +/- 100 points roughly.

Current Credit 2/27/2011: Dell ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $1,500 2005

Kohl's ($0 balance at BK and they did not close it) - $300 2006

Household Bank MC - 11/09 $1,000

Car loan Toyota Financial - $18K 11/2010

Capital One MC (did have account included in BK with a $5k limit) - $1,000 2/11

Valero gas card - $300 2/11

Pac Sun store card - $250 2/11

Kay & Jared store cards - $3K 2/11 

I am just curious if I have a chance at their visa card.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com but that site seems to be having problems lately. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 3
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Re: Andrews Federal Credit Union

I think you can get your fico from myfico for free BUT you have to sign up something and then cancle the service very soon before they charge you 15 bucks.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.