Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Fee with account balance.

tag
-RED
Regular Contributor

Re: Annual Fee with account balance.

Correct 3 rev so can I close the year old one and then just keep the 4 month old one, and the 14 year old jewlery acc?

I don't like the older MC because it has an anual fee, however they just waived that, I might add. Both are w/HSBC.

I paid my house off with them, so they were who I used when I returned to the US.

I really just want a lower rate card like Discover, but at this point they want to see more history out of me, and I don't blame them.

Thanks for the imput HAULING! Nice sig =]

Message Edited by -RED on 12-28-2009 05:27 AM
Message Edited by -RED on 12-28-2009 05:31 AM
-800 or Bust...!
Message 11 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You really want to keep yourself at three or more open revolving TL's. If you are at three now and want to close one replace it before closing.
Message 12 of 16
-RED
Regular Contributor

I had better scores before the third went on my report, so go figure.
-800 or Bust...!
Message 13 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

-RED wrote:

If you close the third card your scores won't get any better. You probably lowered your AAoA when you opened the third account and closing any account will not cause it to go back up.
Message 14 of 16
-RED
Regular Contributor

Well thanks for saving me on that one, I had closed it, but called them and told them I was just mad at them at the time, and want it to remain open. So that said. I want to replace them still, so if I get a another revolving at some point, it will be ok to close this account finally? One more thing, both of these are MC's do I need a Visa, or are they the same in the way they effect my credit?

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

-RED wrote:

If you close the third card your scores won't get any better. You probably lowered your AAoA when you opened the third account and closing any account will not cause it to go back up.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 15 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You don't need to worry about MC vs. Visa except for the extraordinarily rare circumstance where one is accepted over the other. (Rare!)

Just remember all new TL's will lower your AAoA and if it lowers it by enough to move you down to a lower year (or more) that could effect your FICO scores.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.