Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Fees, etc. - Orchard Bank conversion to Cap1

tag
Axa
New Contributor

Annual Fees, etc. - Orchard Bank conversion to Cap1

What is the lowest annual fee you've seen on an Orchard Bank card that carries one? I know Cap1 has taken them over, so I have a follow up question to this. For those who converted to Capital One already, did your AF change? Has anyone gotten theirs permanently removed by the EO?

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Annual Fees, etc. - Orchard Bank conversion to Cap1

I think $29 is the lowest and no accounts have converted to Capital One yet. That begins this summer, 7/15 seems to be date. Check out HelloCapitalOne.com for details on the transition. And yeah you can get your AF priced out of the terms by calling EO, ymmv.

Message 2 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Axa wrote:

What is the lowest annual fee you've seen on an Orchard Bank card that carries one? I know Cap1 has taken them over, so I have a follow up question to this. For those who converted to Capital One already, did your AF change? Has anyone gotten theirs permanently removed by the EO?

I got mine permanently removed by the EO; mine was $35/year

Message 3 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have a Household card without an annual fee.  It has 2% for rewards and the APR 18.5% or something. 

Some cards coverted last year.  I don't know how they determined which would and wouldn't when they did that transition.  I think it was part of testing out the transfer process or to separate out some customers for whatever reason. 

If you go through the EO for a CLI then expect a hard pull, unlike Capone's EO which only uses a soft pull.  Getting a hard pull is not something I wan't because I have too many inquiries at the moment and am Gardening anyway, so that commitment sticks until I decide it is OK to attempt an Amex card. 

Some people have been able to get the AF removed by the EO, but I think for the most part that was part of a CLI through them.  Capone is across the board on APRs, but basically it depends on which tier card you are put into. 

I hope you find the experience with Capone to be as pleasant as that with Orchard Bank.  (Start laughing now if you like for whatever reason.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 10
Axa
New Contributor

My AF is $79 (!). I'll be giving them the drop it or I quit speech here in the next few months. We'll see how it goes. At least I know if they don't remove it, there are lesser amounts to go for. My credit is so good now (above 750 on all) and is continuing to get better, that I will have a strong argument once some of the inquiries age.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 5 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Some cards coverted last year.  I don't know how they determined which would and wouldn't when they did that transition.  I think it was part of testing out the transfer process or to separate out some customers for whatever reason. 

Which cards converted last year? The transition for all acounts begins this summer. Only the name changed last year. 

Message 6 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

Which cards converted last year? The transition for all acounts begins this summer. Only the name changed last year. 

That is not a question I can answer, but they did tell me that last year a short time after the buyout.  I think I also remember reading a few posts here that did say there's did.  I personally can't wait until the conversion happens so that I can get a CLI without a hard pull from their EO.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Oh ok, but no cards have transitioned over to Capital One Bank USA, NA yet. Some have received unbranded plastics, new acount numbers or new card designs but no former HSBC accounts can be accessed by Capital One yet. I also can't wait, plan to convert my Platinum MC to Venture Visa Sig.

Message 8 of 10
Glo8501
New Visitor

pRe: Annual Fees, etc. - Orchard Bank conversion to Cap1

Writer already owns a Capital One credit card. The information I seek is for the Orchard Bank transition to Capital One. Will this be two individual credit cards - one for the Orchard  balance and/or the other a personal Capital One credit card? Do I have to pay a transition fee?? Writer is very confused.  I called you, Capital One this morning but your rep. had no idea of what I was speaking of and hung up. Since I do on line banking it is imperative that I receive my new account number and the address my bank uses to send my checks. Since I am on pension, and considering Florida "snail mail" I would appreciate receiving my bill with a due date of the fifteenth - twentieth of the month. I will post my payment on the 3rd to make sure it arrives on time without late fees,. Please confirm this letter - [MOD CUT],

edited to remove personal information, ~pizzadude, myFICO moderator

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Glo8501

Welcome to the forum! If you had an online account established for your Orchard bank cc, you should be able to log in and be re routed to Cap 1. Your user Id should remain the same. You should be able to see both if your cc's . The OB card will have the same acct number as before- pyt info, address etc will be available for both accounts.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.