Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Household Income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Annual Household Income

My fiance applied for a home depot card with me, HD does not do co-applicants but put me on as a co-card holder.  When it came to the income part, she put both of our incomes down, even though they do not have my SSN, but we live together and we both pay the bills.

Is that what its meant for?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Annual Household Income

Yes, if the application asked for "household" income then it would be both yours and hers.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 18
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My fiance applied for a home depot card with me, HD does not do co-applicants but put me on as a co-card holder.  When it came to the income part, she put both of our incomes down, even though they do not have my SSN, but we live together and we both pay the bills.

Is that what its meant for?

Depends.  Did she put you down as an Authorized User?  Did the application specifically ask for household income?  Since the card act passed, the rules have changed.  If you are just an AU, she has full responsibility for paying the card, if they did not specifically ask for household income, she should have only reported her own individual income.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

I havent seen 'household income' on many applications lately.

But only put your total HHI if the application specificaly asks for it.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well HD does not do co-signers. I am an authorized user.  I asked the lady who ran the app and she said to put the annual household income.  Although the website just asks for annual income.

Message 5 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well HD does not do co-signers. I am an authorized user.  I asked the lady who ran the app and she said to put the annual household income.  Although the website just asks for annual income.

The only time this will become an issue is if you're ever asked to provdie income proof W-2's, 1099's etc

Message 6 of 18
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you were given bad advice.  As an authorized user your income can not be considered to qualify for approval.  The CARD act I believe prevents credit card companies from being able to consider HHI as it once did.

Just know that they reserve the right to review and close your account or ask for income verification at any time.  It probably wont be an issue otherwise.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i emailed HD credit customer service so i should get something in writing soon.  If the person at HD misled us, then i will pay the small balance off and cancel the card

Could there be legal issues if i leave the card and they ask for info and find out hers is lower?

Message 8 of 18
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Do you think you may be making this a bigger deal than it needs to be? If she already has the card does it matter or did you want the card cancelled?.  Is this something that can just be corrected on future applications?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well i emailed HD credit customer service so i should get something in writing soon.  If the person at HD misled us, then i will pay the small balance off and cancel the card

Could there be legal issues if i leave the card and they ask for info and find out hers is lower?

You're making something out of nothing.  It asked for household income, and both of your incomes are included in that.  Don't worry about it.  The only way there will ever be any kind of investigation is if you run up some huge balance and never pay them..  And even then, they'll just CO the account and give you a big fat negative on your CR.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.