Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 1.5% Cash Back card - from wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another 1.5% Cash Back card - from wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Credit Cards have been under whelming for years. There are many more interesting bank credit cards in the market place. It is almost as though Wells offers the cards so they can say they have some. At one time I appreciated having everything under one roof with them and then they restructured and I moved on.
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very nice for many people to have all their banking needs done at one institution.. It just makes life alot easier.

But this card is a joke.
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

They aren't called hells Fargo for no reason😏
Message 33 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It is very nice for many people to have all their banking needs done at one institution.. It just makes life alot easier.

But this card is a joke.

Well, if you already use Wells Fargo and want everything consolidated, there are certainly worse cards out there. But for anyone else, not a spectacular offering.

Message 34 of 38
MclarenF1
Established Member

I just applied (7/28/16) for a new WF credit card. It was the last of the major banks that I wanted to begin a relationship with.  I got approved for $15,000.  from my viewing it seems that people dont like WF compared to the major CC banks. My guestion is how have they treated you?

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone remember, way back when if your card was gold colored, it actually meant something? Smiley Happy

On the subject of Wells Fargo, they were my first CC when I came over to the US. Has a crappy Interest rate, a so-so limit ($9350) , but its my oldest card and now sits at zero balance.

So, as meh as this 1.5% cashback card is, it does make me wonder if I could PC to it and keep the same account age. I don't suppose anyone knows if it would?  

Message 36 of 38
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone remember, way back when if your card was gold colored, it actually meant something? Smiley Happy

I sure do... when my Citibank 'Classic' card was upgraded to 'Gold' it took a HP and a few days to get the answer, which was the first time that had ever happened to me (until then all my Citibank CLIs were SP and instant, keep in mind this was years ago).

It was more than just a cosmetic change, too... my card number changed (specifically, the BIN was different) and the 'big deal' at that time was car rental coverage - that was a perk usually limited to 'Gold' customers (and was the reason I sought out the upgrade to begin with).  Now you can get a 'Gold' colored debit card from CVS.  Smiley Frustrated

Ah, the 'good old days'... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card bc i dont have any cashback cards and i figure 1.5% back on all purchases isnt too bad. Pretty much the same as the quicksilver. 

Since I bank with WF i got a promotion to earn $100 if i spend 1k in 3 months. After $25 increments earned, they will just automatically deposit into checking. 

Prob still wont use this card much except to earn the hundo. I have mostly rewards cards which MRs and United miles are more valuable.. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.