Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 18 Year Old Looking To Build Credit

tag
johnicek
Valued Member

Re: Another 18 Year Old Looking To Build Credit

I called and got in touch with the EO this morning. The rep asked to confirm some of my info, then asked if I had any idea why the credit reporting agencies were not able to provide any credit history. I explained that I just recently turned 18, and that I do not yet have any credit hitory. He said he would need a frpnt&back copy of my SS Card and DLL with current address. Once he has these, he said he can continue working on the case. He gave me a fax number, and asked that I call him back once I fax the documents in.

I will fax those in tonight, and call back again in the morning. Also probably going to be visiting my bank to get some info on options there tonight.

Message 61 of 63
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Looks like you might be getting an approval as soon as you upload those documents.. 

beware might be a secured option or a 300 limit. which either is fine keep that sucker up for 6 months then app for something else

Message 62 of 63
johnicek
Valued Member

@Rackham94 wrote:

Looks like you might be getting an approval as soon as you upload those documents.. 

beware might be a secured option or a 300 limit. which either is fine keep that sucker up for 6 months then app for something else

That would be really exciting if I do get approved!

Secured is fine with me, and so is the $300 limit. I don't spend all that much, plus I do have a debit card as well whcih I can make purchases with that I can't/don't want to make with credit. I'll keep it open for as long as I can, if it's thr Journey card, I will probably keep it through college unless I find a real reason to drop it.

Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.