cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 18 Year Old Looking To Build Credit

Contributor

Re: Another 18 Year Old Looking To Build Credit

I would get free copies, i go to credit karma, credit sesame, i payed for MYFico, I dont know what it would show though honestly if you have never had anything report.. so that may not hurt to try most of those mentioned have free version.  As i have history and so it pays to get the reports lol. Walmarts good But, if denied for the Credit card it would be a store card if offered, could come in handy for school supplies etc.. ramen noodles.. lol. How many noodles for 50 bux!! Eating like a king.. Its a tough situation to be in because you dont really want any HP..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

Do you think I would have a chance for the store card? I am nt looking to get their Discover card, and I don't mind only being able to use it at Wal-Mart. Being the only real store in town, I find myself shopping there a lot. Even if they give me an outrageously low limit, and just in store, I'll take it as long as it reports, or at least builds a relationship towards graduation into their Discover card.

Contributor

well i wonder who they pulled for your credit check?? like if cap1 pulled EX only or all 3 or if citi only pull eq and ex.. see if you knew who they pulled from a credit report, you could possibly. maybe they didnt pull TU so on TU would be 0 pulls.. but see without knowing who the other 2 checked. now if they checked all 3 then all 3 agencies will show 2 HP.. I know for me walmart uses Transunion most ge does, but recently i think they have been pulling from the other 2 some.. So you could only have as few as 2 HP on say one report and still zero on TU but id make sure first..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Valued Member

Cap1 sent me a letter, which said there was no history on all 3 for their denail reason, which leads me to believe I have an HP from them on all 3.

Citi said they denied me based on Equifax, which leads me to believe they pulled from only them.

Contributor

Sorry that could be confusing haha. Basically im saying if neither pulled a TU report, then your TU shows zero HP which would make it easier but noone would know if you would get approved.

Contributor

ok so that leads me to believe you actually have EX 1 EQ 2 TU 1 someone correct me but that is what it looks like.

Valued Member

Right,  EX 1 EQ 2 TU 1, as you stated, would be what I have been informed by my previous apps.

Contributor

Yeh so you definitely dont want anything that pulls EQ.

Frequent Contributor

Do you have anything else on any credit bureas besides the 2 hard inquiries? And the account(s) would have to be at least 6 months old.

Because if you don't, that would mean that you do not have a score yet. Which would also imply that you'll get an instant denial if you try to apply for ANY credit card. So don't think about just walmart yet. 

I think you should wait for the Capital One's EO response. Good luck

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Contributor

Yeh i think that post is right, its tough due to nothing on report. I think If you could ask the rents to AU on one of their outstanding cards and it actually reported, you would get that history then be able to get a card. That may be the route to go.