Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another APR Reduction (BOA BBR)

tag
DFStudent
Valued Member

Another APR Reduction (BOA BBR)

Hi Everyone!

Just a heads up to everyone who has a BOA BBR card! I was on their online chat system yesterday asking for an APR decrease.They said they were unable to do it over the chat and gave me this number (1-800-770-6459) to call.

I spoke with a very nice gentleman and he reduced my APR from 13.99% to 10.99%!!! I am shocked. I didn't know that Bank of America was so generous.

While I was also on the phone, I inquired about a CLI. The gentleman informed me that it was a HP for a CLI, so I respectfully declined. Maybe it would be worth it to get a CLI? After all, this card is my lowest limit...

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Another APR Reduction (BOA BBR)

It definitely is, aim high and they'll probably give it to you. They're very generous with CLI
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Congrats on the APR reduction!

BOA is always a HP for CLI requests. Honestly, if it were me, the BBR would be low on my list of cards to care about a CLI. You get no extra benefit out of spending more on it, and the reward is the same no matter what. I'd focus on CLIs on cards that you can use more frequently. Just my opinion.

Message 3 of 9
DFStudent
Valued Member

That's very true, thanks for the advice! It only has a $1000 limit, and was one of the first few cards I had (I PC'ed from Cash Rewards).

I probably only spend ~$20 a month on it just to get the rewards, so I think you're right about that.

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Message 4 of 9
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your apr reduction. 

I got my BBR in March with a SL of $10k. I put a $1,400 BT on it @ 0% for 12 months. 

Got the  Travel rewards card the same day @ $2k. 

In 6 months I will ask for a Cli on travel card . Hoping to get it to $10k

at the 12 month mark I will ask for another Cli on travel card. Then move $9k from BBR . Over to travel card

then after another 6 months I will get the BBR back up to $10k. 

Message 5 of 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@I got my BBR in March with a SL of $10k. I put a $1,400 BT on it @ 0% for 12 months. 

@Got the  Travel rewards card the same day @ $2k. 

at the 12 month mark I will ask for another Cli on travel card. Then move $9k from BBR . Over to travel card

Some people were able to use the same TU HP for 2 cards with BoA, so maybe you can get lucky and use the same pull to increase both cards (I don't know about moving limits), maybe you can ask for 15 or 20 on both cards. 

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

BofA IS really worth any effort one takes to have a CC account with.

Just last week on a single HP both cards i have thru them received very nice CLIs plus 3 full points APR reductions each!

Started out with 1K cash rewards that now is 10K and the BBR quarterly $25 bonus is nice return for doing what you would anyway.

BofA Rocks!!

Message 7 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@I got my BBR in March with a SL of $10k. I put a $1,400 BT on it @ 0% for 12 months. 

@Got the  Travel rewards card the same day @ $2k. 

I would suggest to wait long enough to request the CLI on all the cards with a single HP.  BofA usually uses the same pull for 30 days. Moving CL around I believe would also require a HP with BofA  (never done this)  It has worked for me with CLIs on both cards at the same time with a single HP on TU  but I did it on the phone and not with the luv button.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you confirm that the lower interest rate is printed on your next statement when you get it. I lowered my rate on the BBR a couple months ago, and I just saw today that the higher rate is still listed on my bill. In my experience, you usually have to call Bank of America more than once to get something done.

I also agree with kdm31091. There is no sense asking for a HP CLI if you won't get any more rewards out of it. If you're going to give BofA a HP, you might as well use it for a second card that gives rewards based on spending.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.