Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AU Question

tag
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Another AU Question

Back in 2000-01 (his college days), one of my sons tanked his credit with all of the offers college students get for cards.  I negotiated payments (less than 50%) on all but one of them.  They have ALL been closed and are off of his CR now.  He went back to school a couple of years ago and is working.  The only thing on his CR as of now is a Sallie Mae loan with deferred payments until he's done with school.  I'm thinking about adding him to my cards, as an AU, to help boost his scores.  Both are spotless,  the CLs are 7000+, and these accounts are 3 and 8 years old.  I'd appreciate any comments, positive or negative.  Thanks...

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another AU Question

They would benefit him with AAoA and util (if you keep them paid off)

Message 2 of 3
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Re: Another AU Question

@gdale6 wrote:

They would benefit him with AAoA and util (if you keep them paid off)

That is my goal.  Normally, they run around 30%, but they're currently at 3%, because I'm about do drop an App (or two) and go for a couple of CLIs.

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.