Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AmEx backdating question

tag
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Another AmEx backdating question

I opened a couple of AmEx cards at the end of 2013.

I am also trying to help my fiancee build his credit with AmEx, so I added him as an authorized user to my Blue Cash Everyday card in November. This would have established his member since date as 2013, right? I am asking because I also added him to my Platinum card (opened in 11/13) this month, but when his card came, it says member since 2014. Will he receive backdating since he was technically a cardmember in 2013? Do authorized users on AmEx receive backdating? In addition, I had him apply for Blue Sky yesterday and he was instantly approved for a $2,000 credit limit. Since he was an authorized user on my BCE since November, that card should be backdated to January of 2013, right? This backdating business can be really quirky!

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Another AmEx backdating question

Yes he should get the backdate for 2013.

i have backdating on my partners Amex cards for 1999 and he has only been a member since 2011 but I'm not sure on my credit report they are backdated like that BUT if I got my own account, it would backdate on credit

Message 2 of 8
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

I opened a couple of AmEx cards at the end of 2013.

I am also trying to help my fiancee build his credit with AmEx, so I added him as an authorized user to my Blue Cash Everyday card in November. This would have established his member since date as 2013, right? I am asking because I also added him to my Platinum card (opened in 11/13) this month, but when his card came, it says member since 2014. Will he receive backdating since he was technically a cardmember in 2013? Do authorized users on AmEx receive backdating? In addition, I had him apply for Blue Sky yesterday and he was instantly approved for a $2,000 credit limit. Since he was an authorized user on my BCE since November, that card should be backdated to January of 2013, right? This backdating business can be really quirky!

I have the same problem,  i added my mom on my Blue AMEX account in December thinking that she would get the 2013 membership date and the card came with the Member since 2014

I'm now debating between calling AMEX or leaving it as it is... but i kind of don't know how to address this issue.

Message 3 of 8
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

So here's what I am thinking:

The Blu Sky card he just got approved for should be coming backdated to January of 2013. 

I should call about the AU Platinum card that came with the 2014 date, and reference that he was an AU on my BCE, making him a 2013 cardmember. His BCE AU card does have the correct 2013 date on it.

After all of this, his reports should look like this:

BCE AU - Opened in 11/2013

Platinum AU - Opened in January of 2013

Blue Sky - Opened in January of 2013

Cards I Carry
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

AU don't backdate further than cardholder on credit report I don't believe but you can always get the physical card to show the backdate

Message 5 of 8
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I'll report back after I call them! Maybe I will be able to get his Platinum card backdated to 11/13, when the card was opened.
Cards I Carry
Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

Since he was an authorized user on my BCE since November, that card should be backdated to January of 2013, right?

Should be if my wife is any indicator.  She never had an AmEx membership but I added her as an AU last year.  She got her own BCP this year.  Originally MSD was 2014 but they backdated it to 2013.

Message 7 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

So here's what I am thinking:

The Blu Sky card he just got approved for should be coming backdated to January of 2013. 

I should call about the AU Platinum card that came with the 2014 date, and reference that he was an AU on my BCE, making him a 2013 cardmember. His BCE AU card does have the correct 2013 date on it.

After all of this, his reports should look like this:

BCE AU - Opened in 11/2013

Platinum AU - Opened in January of 2013

Blue Sky - Opened in January of 2013

Correct, have you checked his CRs?  There are times when AmEx sends out Card with the current year membership since date, but reflects correctly on the CR, or when he logs onto his online account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.