Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Amex Backdating Question

tag
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Another Amex Backdating Question

I know this is a hot topic, but I didn't see an answer to this particular question. Several years ago, I worked for a large company and I was issued an American Express card, to be used for business expenses. The card had my name and the company's name on it. The statement came to my house, and I was responsible for paying it, and then getting reimbursed. I don't recall what kind of card it was exactly, but I think it was their basic green charge card. When I left the company, I turned the card in, and never heard anything else from Amex.

The account does not show up on any of my credit reports, though I have no idea if it showed up while I had the card. I assume that means that I won't be able to have any Amex cards I might get in the future backdated to the date I got that corporate card, correct? Though it's always worth a shot to try anyway. Smiley Happy

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Amex Backdating Question

If you worked there several years ago (as in less than 10 years), it should still show as a closed acct on your CR if it was opened under you. Since it does not show, it was probably not opened under you but through the company. If you still have an old statement you could try to get it backdated, but if you do not you probably won't have any luck as your past company held the real financial responsibility on the card (as in if you didn't pay they would inevitably go after your old company).

Message 2 of 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Amex Backdating Question

In all likelihood, you were an AU, or in Amex lingo, an additional cardholder. this is different than a member. What we call backdating on the forum is really just reflecting one's member since date. AUs, or addtl cardholders, are not considered members. So any Amex you get would not reflect your AU date.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.