Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Amex Success Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Amex Success Story

You would be surprised how easy it is to run some $ though cards-

This month - ran 3K though my puny 1K Amex- in protest of the CLI denial- PIF again today and going in SD until CLI.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:

This month - ran 3K though my puny 1K Amex- in protest of the CLI denial- PIF again today and going in SD until CLI.

How in the world did you do that? Charge and PIF frequently thoughout the month?
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - charge and pay off charge pay off-
They have gotten 4 payments from me since statement on 10/22. My EX Fico is 80 points higher than it was when I was accepted.

Told the Dw to use this for groceries, paid car insurance, paid power bill, out to dinner, registration for the DW truck,

The bill pay from my CU takes 24 to 48 hours to post at AMEX.

I actually have about 10 days until statement time- but I hope it was enough of a hint.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How in the world did you do that? Charge and PIF frequently thoughout the month?

Message 13 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I checked out the Blue Cash and unfortunately, the only big recurring bill I could run through it was my Verizon bill (which is bad enough!.) Too bad the $870 mortgage won't work on it; that would be huge.

I'm planning on getting three good cards when or if I ever get in the 710's-720's, and right now I'm looking hard at the Blue and the Blue Sky. OP, if you think you might want a travel card, you might ask if they would change your Delta to Blue Sky, which can be used on any airline, hotel chain, etc. I don't really like the regular Membership Rewards or whatever it is they have on the Blue, and it would be fun to think that buying cat litter was helping put money toward a trip to Germany or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 20
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Yeah I think as it is I am going to use it to pay all my bills and my daily stuff like gas groceries etc... I am still in the air at whether or not I want to switch since I could rack up some points on the skymiles fast doing this. I dont know Ill see when I get the card.
Message 15 of 20
dharalex
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Nice work! Don't forget, the Blue Cash doesn't give you that 5% deal until you've already charged $6500, I think it is.

I went crazy trying to check our their cards on the Amex website, until I finally figured out that some screens don't work with Firefox. But if you go in through IE, they have a neat little compare cards feature down at the bottom that's fun to play with.
This is no longer the case. There is no min amount to spend anymore. I just ot the BCP last week!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 16 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dharalex wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Nice work! Don't forget, the Blue Cash doesn't give you that 5% deal until you've already charged $6500, I think it is.

I went crazy trying to check our their cards on the Amex website, until I finally figured out that some screens don't work with Firefox. But if you go in through IE, they have a neat little compare cards feature down at the bottom that's fun to play with.
This is no longer the case. There is no min amount to spend anymore. I just ot the BCP last week!

lol

Very true. This is a 2007 thread. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 20
dharalex
Established Contributor

I'm sorry, I was referring to BCP, which has an AF, but very good rewards. I have no knowledge of blue cash. I just jumped the gun. The change with BCP is pretty major!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dharalex wrote:
I'm sorry, I was referring to BCP, which has an AF, but very good rewards. I have no knowledge of blue cash. I just jumped the gun. The change with BCP is pretty major!

Yes, and it makes all the difference in the world. I would never have jumped on the BCP if it still had the $6500 threshhold, which its predecessor (the Blue Cash) had!

So far I've made $350, and I think I got the card in May. And that's for pretty much only the groceries and all else, because I run gas through my Penfed card, and I don't do department stores that much.

I * puffy heart * my BCP!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ I want to convert my Amex Blue to a BCP SO badly! But I am trying to patiently wait 1.5 more months. so I can request another CLI first -- just to be on the safe side.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.